INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug / Feature Bounty.  (Read 1825 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Bug / Feature Bounty.
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:00 pm »

I have been thinking about how I and other user's of MC might be able to have features / bug's
worked on a bit more expeditiously while increasing revenue for JRiver.
I thought perhaps something like a bounty on features.  Users would pay in to a pool for a particular feature/bug
and hopefully that issue would get some priority. not sure how best to implement such a system or if it would just become a big mess.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug / Feature Bounty.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:50 pm »

I already do.  It is called the purchase price.

MC is not an open source project.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:52 pm »

Ever since I found jrmc (mid ver 13) I have purchased every upgrade as soon as it was available and I will never stop doing so. Every new version is fantastic.
I plan to purchase the little mystery device when that becomes available as well.
I was just brain storming a little and wondering what other folks thought about the idea.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:20:17 am »

Not a completely horrible idea. There are one or two items I'd like improved and would  be willing to pay a bit more for. J River has a lot of neat features and the team is responsive however there are some areas that I would love to be tweaked. DNLA zone linking and putting menu or other quicklinks  to screens I use a lot like the audio output panel.

I don't expect J River to have a dev team the size of Microsoft or winamp and yet the sound quality is better than either of those products and they issue new bug fixes and features much faster than their competitors. All in all I already feel I'm getting a good deal with my purchase price and I spend enough on audio gear that paying into a pool for a software feature so I don't have to buy a bunch of hardware isn't a bad trade off for me.

~Chris

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »

I understand the development team can be influenced by cupcakes and beer. I'm sure that's why there always working on somebody else's pet features and not mine. But if you expect a bribe to be effective, it's probably better to go ahead and do it—without telling the rest of us. Otherwise, they'll just OD on cupcakes and nothing will get done. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up