INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 Theatre View and Customisation of Screen  (Read 1260 times)

johnno001

• Recent member
MC 15 Theatre View and Customisation of Screen
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:17 am »

Hi all,

I have been an avid supporter here in the UK and have sold all of my friends on it - I have used it since V9 - I think it is great so first off keep up the excellent work J RIver!

I have now bought a touchscreen monitor Lilliput FA1011 which works and looks great with my WIn XP machine.

I now need to have a simple Theatre View to make my home Jukebox experience complete - the standard views in Theatre View do not quite cut it when it comes to a very simple Jukebox display, I am aiming for a British Pub commercial Jukebbx/Video player look/feel.

To that end I need a display with very simple buttons for 1. play 2. add to playing now 3. back 4. play all - without all of the standard buttons in Theatre View (ctrl4) view [page up, page down, toggle list, volume up down etc]

Does anyone have a simple view skin or any idea how to customise the view to make it very simple - would also be good to have more space between the albums and the scroll bar if possible

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 15 Theatre View and Customisation of Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:25:54 am »

Thanks for the kind words.  Did you try the  "Obsidian Touch Screen" Theater View skin?

You can also customize Theater View.  Tools/Options/Theater View.

Make sure you try the most recent build from the top of this board.  It should have wider scroll bars.  You can also "flick" the screen.  Put your finger down and "throw" the screen.

johnno001

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:34:27 am »

Hi Jim thanks for the quck reply

I will try that - the "flick" sounds exactly what I am looking for - the build I have on my Media PC (not sure but maye be 15.0.95) does not do that instead any touch on the screen opens up the file/album instead

I will let you know how I get on

johnno001

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:39:41 am »

Just had opportunity to play with this _ I had issues with the existing build and had to reload MC15 to start from default baseline ..  but now all looks excellent and after a little customising I have a superb touchscreen jukebox

really really pleased with this I can definitely recommend setting up a touchscreen  :) :) :)

one little thing I would like to have in theatre view is the alphabet to make navigation easier - anyone know how to do this or whether there is a theatre view skin I can download that has it

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 07:54:00 am »

When you change Theater View options, you can choose to edit Artists, for example, and add "grouping" and change "grouping size".  This will give you "A-C", "D-F", and so on.  Maybe that will help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up