INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control of WebRemote within iPhone remote app.  (Read 1694 times)

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
Control of WebRemote within iPhone remote app.
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:11:54 pm »

I am using a new iPhone remote control called iRule to control my home theater, including Media Center 15. Using the new commands recently introduced in MCWS, I can control Media Center 15 through a network IP connection in Theater mode with buttons on a remote control page. iRule also lets you embed URLs in pages, and I have embedded a URL pointing to Webremote, so on that page I can control Media Center 15 using WebRemote. But missing are the usual web browser buttons for going back and forward one web page. I've made buttons for back and forward on the part of the iRule page not dedicated to the embedded URL, and am trying to assign them the usual browser keyboard shortcuts for back a page (Backspace or ALT+Left) and forward a page (Shift+Backspace or ALT+Right). But I don't know how to assign the target or focus for these commands to WebRemote rather than the Theater Mode window. Is there a way to do this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Control of WebRemote within iPhone remote app.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »

But I don't know how to assign the target or focus for these commands to WebRemote rather than the Theater Mode window. Is there a way to do this?

I think the commands would need to go to the browser on the phone.  There's no way for a command to come into the MCWS and for it to control a browser viewing a page it had served.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Control of WebRemote within iPhone remote app.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:49:21 pm »

I think the commands would need to go to the browser on the phone.  There's no way for a command to come into the MCWS and for it to control a browser viewing a page it had served.
The browser on the phone is not used, because the URL is embedded in an app page. Maybe i could make WebRemote pages with back and forward buttons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up