INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one final Smartlist thread  (Read 1456 times)

Saucepan

• Junior Woodchuck
one final Smartlist thread
« on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:18 pm »

This is my last one. I don't like cluttering up the board with these, but I actually do use them so here we go...

I want to build a 'Troubled Lps' smartlist. This smartlist will point out albums that have at least 3 low-rated songs (1 or 2 stars). So far, I've been able to use ~dup to help me find Lps with 2 bad songs, but I want to stretch it out to 3.

3 strikes and your out kind of thing.

One final rule: if the album has a 5 star song, I don't want it on the list.

Any ideas?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: one final Smartlist thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »

Yes. I can avoid further brain damage by referring to a Categories view of albums sorted by rating. ;) This average rating is no more or less arbitrary a measure of something rather subjective (whatever "trouble" means to you) in the first place. I would wonder if an album with one 5-star track and the rest low-rated (with an average of, say, 2) is not more "troublesome" than one with three low-rated tracks and the rest 4-star (with an average of, say, 3).

I'm still curious to see how those with brain cells to spare will handle this one, however. ;D

miserythemexican

• Recent member
Re: one final Smartlist thread
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »

Hi Saucepan!

What rules do you use to filter albums with two or more 1or2-star tracks? i want to filter albums with more than one 4or5-star track, i can see how to use ~dup to filter albums with more than one 4 star track or with more than one 5 stat track, but the method i can see doesn't catch albums with one 4star and one 5star track...

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up