INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: taskbar feature request....  (Read 1091 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
taskbar feature request....
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:13:10 am »

I was just thinking as I was sitting here doing some work in excel and listening to some music that it would be nice to be able to use the windows 7 taskbar preview to be able to rate the currently playing song without have to opening MC.

justsomeguy

Re: taskbar feature request....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:33:52 pm »

Is this something that can be done or may be planned already?

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:02:32 pm »

That might be nice, but wouldn't it beg the question: Shouldn't it show track information as well—so one knows what he's rating? And if so, then what about a cover? Playlist controls? As some point these things will infringe upon the main purpose of the preview. :-\

Have you considered the alternatives? The MC Vista Sidebar Gadget v2.0 works in Windows 7. You can also create universal keyboard shortcuts and voice commands using Core Commands to do such things. These methods may better enable you to keep your attention on your work. ;)

justsomeguy

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:12:20 pm »

For me to rate something I don't need to see what I'm rating.  Doesn't matter to me what it is, just matters how much I like it or not.  If I normally don't like an artist that doesn't affect my rating of an individual track if I really like that track.  On my htpc I will sometime walk around my house with my small RF remote that I programmed for ratings so I can rate a track from where ever I'm at without having to go look.

I'll look into the suggestions you made though as I can understand you have to draw the line somewhere as to how much you add.  Thanks

justsomeguy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:44 pm »

Thanks rick, editing the ratings shortcut keys in resources.xml to global=1 did the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up