INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View minor issues  (Read 1112 times)

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View minor issues
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:08 pm »

1) The play icon (the green ">") is not applied to the currently playing or on pause file on one of the list styles

To verify it, once you have a track on play, in Theater View go to Playing Now\List\Toggle List Style. Keep selecting that toggle option and you'll see that there are three list style, but only one of them doesn't have the play icon on the active track.

Is that normal??

This is one of the two ok (i.e. with the play icon) lists:

This is the list that doesn't show any play icon:

2) Hitting the left arrow on the keyboard move the selection to an empty box.

This is before hitting the left arrow on my keyboard:

This is what happens after I hit the left arrow on my keyboard.
As you can see the active selection is now just an empty spot between back and reshuffle:

gappie

Re: Theater View minor issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:14:10 pm »

on 1.. this is so true.. i miss the green arrow a lot. in the list. there is some explanation with radiation or something like that.. miss it still..

on 2.. well. its the standard way of thv navigation. but since jim has his vacation i want call the source.. when you switch to options>theater view> advanced> and enable use alternative navigation model.. the funny empty thing will be gone..

:)
gab

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:44:40 pm »

on 2.. well. its the standard way of Theater View navigation. but since jim has his vacation i want call the source.. when you switch to options>theater view> advanced> and enable use alternative navigation model.. the funny empty thing will be gone..

Thanks for this. Two birds killed with one stone! I've never understood what the funny empty thing is for, or what the heck an "alternative navigation model" is. But I should ask—does this option do anything else, or is it just for removing useless artifacts from the interface? ;D

gappie

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:38 pm »

Thanks for this. Two birds killed with one stone! I've never understood what the funny empty thing is for, or what the heck an "alternative navigation model" is. But I should ask—does this option do anything else, or is it just for removing useless artifacts from the interface? ;D
no, no artifacts, other then for a while the search for you tube videos did not work well. but that has been repaired.

:)
gab

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:54:03 pm »

Thanks for your pm. I now have a vague idea of what this is about. The "funny empty thing" is a "park" menu item that—in certain circumstances—causes the cursor to stop on the second roller (on a "left" key-press) rather than pass through it to the top roller. For my use of Theatre View, I find the difference very subtle. I'm going to try the "alternate navigation method," but I expect I'll adapt to it quickly—and then have no preference. Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't just do it one way, and leave it at that. :-X ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up