INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to adjust Theater View Internet Picture Heights???  (Read 1074 times)

ths61

• World Citizen
How to adjust Theater View Internet Picture Heights???
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:41:33 am »

All,

I am using Theater View with the background internet image slide show.  This is a cool feature, but it looks like some images are scaled based on the width of a 16:9 display versus the height of the 16:9 display.  For landscape pictures, this appears to be fine.  For non-landscape pictures, it chops off the head (and sometimes zooms in on cleavage shots  ;)).

Is there any way to adjust the background image scaling based on height, versus width ?

Thanks,
Tim
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to adjust Theater View Internet Picture Heights???
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:25:50 am »

Please upgrade to build 106 from the top of this board.

It crops the bottom instead of cropping equally from the top and bottom.

This is one of those things where no one mode looks perfect for all images, but so far, this seems to be the most popular approach.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ths61

• World Citizen
Re: How to adjust Theater View Internet Picture Heights???
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »

Please upgrade to build 106 from the top of this board.

It crops the bottom instead of cropping equally from the top and bottom.

This is one of those things where no one mode looks perfect for all images, but so far, this seems to be the most popular approach.

Matt,

Thanks much that did the trick.  I have just built out an Asus AT5IONT-i board and am testing it out with a 60" Plasma and HDMI Audio/Video out to the DACs in my Pre/Pro to replace the DIRECTV HR20 DLNA client interface.

The Theater View mode really looks nice and is quite snappy.  The GUI is much faster than trying to navigate large libraries through the DIRECTV DLNA interface.  Once this one is dialed in, I will be cloning it for a CarPuter (maybe using a FitPC2 for the car).  I have a 12-Volt 8.5" touchscreen arriving in a week for the CarPuter and will have to figure out how to collect background images for use in the car (no internet there).

I have adjusted for the overscan, and have a few more tweaks to dial it in (prevent screen burn in by getting rid of static test and images).  Win7 Ultimate autoboots into Theater View, but doesn't autoconnect to the remote library on this machine for some reason where it does on my other PC's.  I  have to figure the auto-connect issue, maybe a Win7 Networking issue.  Manually connecting works.

I just hooked up a Logitech BlueTooth mini-keyboard which works OK for Theater View, but am looking for a better solution for doing major setup configurations.

Thanks for a great product and maintaining/improving it over the years.

Sincerely,
Tim

Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid
Pages: [1]   Go Up