INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Second Library  (Read 1258 times)

kaplapd

• Recent member
A Second Library
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:30 am »

I suspect that this is easy but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.  I have a large MP3 collection on my C drive and another large FLAC collection on a network drive.  I have created a library in Media Center that handles the MP3 files and I would like to create a second library to handle the FLAC files.  Ideally I would then be able to switch back and forth between the two collections from within Media Center.  Can anyone advise me on how to do this?  Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: A Second Library
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:11:40 am »

If you want to switch quickly between the collections perhaps the best way would be to just create two separate sets of audio views. For instance, you can use the "File Type" field in "Set rules for file display" when you customize the views. The "Filename" field might also work (e.g. "Filename - starts with - C:\" would show only files that are on the C: partition).

Another possibility is the actually create two separate libraries with library specific view settings, playlists, auto-import folders, etc. MC will then access only one library at a time. The library management features are in File > Library > Load Library > Library Manager...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

kaplapd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:54:58 am »

That will do the trick.  Thanks.

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:34:34 pm »

Hi, I have exactly the same music collection, so what I did, is just create two libraries, one MP3 and the Other FLAC, when I want to listen to the flacs, i just load that Libray, is it not that fast but works for me. I do this when I want to listen to hi-res music at very quite time on the day. All my flacs are been converted to Mp3 to complement all my mp3 collection, of course at 320kbps. Other way to deal is to create different views within the library just set the rules for that view to load the flac type and that is all you need to do.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up