INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't download podcasts, it says newer episodes in front if it??  (Read 1386 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
can't download podcasts, it says newer episodes in front if it??
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:35 pm »

I haven't tried downloading podcasts for a while, but decided tonight to download a couple for tomorrow.

However, I can't get anything to download.  the status is "in queue" and when I mouse over it says "there must be some newer episodes downloading ahead of it"

If i right-click/download, nothing happens.  i can't find anywhere that shows what is being downloaded

i checked options everywhere I could find them, and nothing seems to be limiting me, but I'm stuck

any ideas?
pretend this is something funny

bwaldron

• World Citizen
Re: can't download podcasts, it says newer episodes in front if it??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:55:34 am »

I also am having problems with a podcast after upgrading from 15.0.101 to 15.0.106.

The feed is: http://feeds.thekindlechronicles.com/TheKindleChronicles

The newest episode URL is: http://feeds.thekindlechronicles.com/~r/TheKindleChronicles/~5/8fYOR4acyQw/TKC_113_Lewis_Hyde_1.mp3

(All previous episodes have been downloaded already).

15.0.106 gives me an error trying to download this episode (and shows status as RETRY), though I had no problems grabbing it manually via my browser.

I reverted to 15.0.101 and the episode downloaded correctly.

I should note that 15.0.106 doesn't seem to be having problems with other podcasts I subscribe to.

I'll stay at 15.0.101 for now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:30:55 am »

Please try build 113 from the top of this board and let us know if it's fixed.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:37:43 am »

Build 113 indeed seems to have fixed the problem I was having with the one podcast.

Please try build 113 from the top of this board and let us know if it's fixed.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:55:02 pm »

I seem to have podcasts working again also, but I had to install build 113 on both the server and the laptop.  I installed in just the laptop, but that didn't resolve my issue.  I realized the server was running and I only had a "shared" connection to the library, which is stored on the server HTPC (as is all of my media).  I figured I'd check on that machine, and it was really messed up, it had descriptions of other podcasts mixed in with the correct podcasts listings, and it wouldn't even show new/recent podcasts, even after I hit update podcast.

I installed build 113 on that machine, and everything seemed okay there, and I could get it to download.

I'm back on the laptop and it seems to be working fine now also, but I do not have the server running so I have read/write access to the library from here now.  I'm not sure if this was all/part of the problem, but either way, thanks for the fix :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up