INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burst of the previous song (Gapped Fade)  (Read 3338 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
burst of the previous song (Gapped Fade)
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:53:51 pm »

I'm still getting this or stuck buffering only when using library server (mp3 high).

WASAPI [event style] to EMU 0202 USB DAC

Vocalpoint

Re: burst of the previous song (Gapped Fade)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »

And here's mine...I am also seeing the "burst"...

Mine is happening when I right click on a file that is not in any specific library - just sitting in a folder on the local drive...and click Play in Media Center.

Running 15.0.113 on WIndows 7 Pro x64

Cheers!

VP

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:33 pm »

Here is mine (mentioned at the build thread):

15.0.113 (9/16/2010)
[...]
2. Fixed: When using gapped playback modes, a little burst of the previous song could sometimes be heard after the silence.
[...]
Still there.

More details:
Direct Sound, 6 sec. prebuffer, Play files from memory, 2s gapped track switch
DSP Studio output Format setting: no resampling, 5.1 channels as Dolby Digital via S/PDIF

The effect only appears for me if "Output Format" in DSP-Studio is enabled and only if the track is switched manually.

System info:
Media Center 15.0.113 Registered -- C:\Program Files\!Multimedia\JRiver Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Core 2 2126 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 775 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Y: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-H42L   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: SONY    DVD-ROM DDU1615   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Y: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: CASIO DIGITAL_CAMERA (K:),CASIO DIGITAL_CAMERA (E:),CASIO DIGITAL_CAMERA (G:),EXILIM,G:\,HTC TD 2,W:\,HTC TD2,New Device (Q:)

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server
  Sleep Timer (Active)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »

Could people describe the artifact they are hearing?

With 113, I'm getting perfectly smooth gapped fade transitions when switching tracks manually.  I've tried with and without Output Format conversions.

Thanks for any other tips.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 05:32:25 pm »

Could people describe the artifact they are hearing?

With 113, I'm getting perfectly smooth gapped fade transitions when switching tracks manually.  I've tried with and without Output Format conversions.

Thanks for any other tips.

Here's what I get. All is well when playing consecutive tracks from an album or a playlist (have not tested the "last" song in a PL tho). However - if I drift around anywhere outside of the MC  world - like let's say - an audio file attached to an email or a file sitting in a random folder - and I double click the file....MC plays it and then right at the last second (especially noticeable on songs with cold endings) I am hearing a quick (maybe a half sec) blip of the very last notes or sound.

Almost like the track does a super quick rewind with one second to go on the track remaining timer. I can now repro this without fail as long as the track is outside of MC somewhere...I noticed it a while back but figured it was an issue with the files...but now it's doing it on anything outside MC....

I am getting nice clean transitions when I manually switch tracks inside a playlist. And if have a track playing and then play another from a completely different album (in the same library)

Hope this helps...

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:07:16 pm »

Here's what I get. All is well when playing consecutive tracks from an album or a playlist (have not tested the "last" song in a PL tho). However - if I drift around anywhere outside of the MC  world - like let's say - an audio file attached to an email or a file sitting in a random folder - and I double click the file....MC plays it and then right at the last second (especially noticeable on songs with cold endings) I am hearing a quick (maybe a half sec) blip of the very last notes or sound.

Almost like the track does a super quick rewind with one second to go on the track remaining timer. I can now repro this without fail as long as the track is outside of MC somewhere...I noticed it a while back but figured it was an issue with the files...but now it's doing it on anything outside MC....

I am getting nice clean transitions when I manually switch tracks inside a playlist. And if have a track playing and then play another from a completely different album (in the same library)

Hope this helps...

VP

So you mean you hear looping at the end of a song, before it finally stops?  Or does it then move onto another song?

Thanks.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:13:21 pm »

So you mean you hear looping at the end of a song, before it finally stops?  Or does it then move onto another song?

Thanks.

Yep...a quick burst of the last half second of the track. Then the track stops per normal.

I cannot get MC to do this during a continuous playlist or when it's playing tracks in succession from a single album. I only get it playing single tracks manually - specifically - songs that are not part of any MC library. They can be local or network...same blip at the end.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Yep...a quick burst of the last half second of the track. Then the track stops per normal.

Is this what everyone is describing?

I thought we were talking about between tracks, not at the very end when there were no more tracks.

Thanks.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 06:19:59 pm »

I thought we were talking about between tracks, not at the very end when there were no more tracks.

Are there any other threads about this phenom happening in between tracks?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 07:00:44 pm »

Hope this helps...

VP

This is what I get, but I can't tell you the circumstances in such detail as Vocalpoint.

I didn't, and don't, think Vocalpoint meant an all stop because every time I hear it, it is between tracks.

X = playing track
X1 = blip of playing track
Y = next track

I hear: X > fade out > X1 > Y

Vocalpoint

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 08:03:23 pm »

This is what I get, but I can't tell you the circumstances in such detail as Vocalpoint.

I didn't, and don't, think Vocalpoint meant an all stop because every time I hear it, it is between tracks.

X = playing track
X1 = blip of playing track
Y = next track

I hear: X > fade out > X1 > Y

I am not hearing that - in any continuous segment (Playlist or full album list) going from one song to the next. I only get the blip when manually firing a single track...letting it go to the end..and .5 seconds from the end...it blips...and then stops.

Now - I believe I have heard this condition in a playback series at least once - but cannot reproduce on the fly with .113

Cheers!

VP

HiFiTubes

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:39 pm »

I am not hearing that - in any continuous segment (Playlist or full album list) going from one song to the next. I only get the blip when manually firing a single track...letting it go to the end..and .5 seconds from the end...it blips...and then stops.

Now - I believe I have heard this condition in a playback series at least once - but cannot reproduce on the fly with .113

Cheers!

VP

Whoa, yeah that's a bit different! I''ll have to test letting tracks ride out.

At work over LS, I get tracks that won't even advance. No blip; just stuck buffering.

Other times, I have note the blip, an then continued to manually advance tracks to repeatedly reproduce it.

This was with Library Server and my EMU 0202 using WASAPI [event]; I'll test with my Lynx this weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up