INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTPC Case Cheap (on Newegg)  (Read 3038 times)

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
HTPC Case Cheap (on Newegg)
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:02:21 am »

If anyone is looking for a cheap HTPC case there is a Apevia on Newegg with a final price of 25 bucks with free shipping and a (probably very bad) power supply.  You have to use a code (supplied on the page) and a rebate to make it happen.  Please read the reviews before buying. I don't really care for Newegg (Don't scream if you are a Newegg fan I just don't like a company that charges me 2 bucks to do what Tiger & others do for free.) but like Amazon their reviews are useful.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144231&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3705318&SID=skim1043X499650

I hope it is okay to post this here.

Nedam

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HTPC Case Cheap (on Newegg)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:52:58 am »

What an awful case. And the ventilation in front? Gotta hear that fan noise. I would only put it in a closed cabinet I think :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:02 am »

It looks like some of our server cases. The PS is in the front drawing in fresh air then there are two fans in the back pushing out the hot stuff. A pretty efficient design but none of the units we have with that configuration are quiet. It'd probably be good for my server in the closet at home...

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:52 pm »

This is the case I've been using lately:

http://www.apextechusa.com/products.asp?pID=144

Has enough internal space for a pair of hard drives and an internal dvd drive.  Nice and slim, fans are quiet.  Pretty sleek looking.

The last one I bought came with a 350w psu (web-spec sheet says 275w, the psu has a 350w label on it) and cost me $50- shipped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up