INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to "Add Album"?  (Read 543 times)

Brian

What happened to "Add Album"?
« on: June 19, 2002, 08:57:30 am »

What happened to the option to "Add Album"?  I have files I want to import and when I let MJ do an import search I end up with unassigned files everywhere and just general disorganization.  The files I got off the internet have messy id tags and I can't figure out how to import files directly to a specific album.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:What happened to
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 09:18:18 am »

The file should ideally have either a coorrect file name or good tags. If you have none of them that you will have to do it manually:

if you have good file names, you can use proprieties Tool-> Fill Proprieties from File Name

if you have good tags, then it happens automatically

if you have to do it manually, there are several ways to add one album at the time. One would be:

Select the files in Windows Explorer, then right click and select Media Jukebox->import

In Media Jukebox use the Recently imported playlist to find what you have imported, select the files do Propriety and change the Album, artist or whatever tags you need to change

After you have tagged properly, you should also have Mj rename the file correctly from the tags (again in Proprieties -> tools)

Claudio

Joshua

RE:What happened to
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 12:55:07 pm »

If your files (with messy tags) are in the right directory, you can choose to import them using the directory structure. Doesn't give you the 'add album' feature, but does solve part of your problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up