INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC on HTPC - watching photos  (Read 1068 times)

bergmarmot

• Recent member
MC on HTPC - watching photos
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:03:39 am »

I control my HTPC with MC installed via an UMPC with MC as controller. A nice feature is that you can see thumbnails of the photo albums on my UMPC and start the SllideShow on my HTPC. It took a while to understand how to pause the slideshow when running music at the same time .... but now I figured out how I can do that. I use the Theater View and in the Now Playing screen I have to press CTRL+T to toggle between the Music and Images Zones. Back to my question. When starting a SlideShow I see the photos on my TV connected to the HTPC nicely because MC .... but when that slideshow is running and I start another SlideShow then I see standard view of MC on my TV with the list of photos in the Play list .... From the Theater View there is no possibility to get the photos fullscreen again. I have to use VNC to make is full screen. Is this a bug, a short coming of the programme or am I doing something wrong? I hope somebody can help me :-)

Update 29-09-2010 : Am I really the only one have this issue? Can somebody please tell me how I get the SlideShow on FullScreen by default on the renderer PC?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC on HTPC - watching photos
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:29 am »

A Library Server connection should do what you want ("play there" to the full screen Display view would probably be the best option). However, you are correct, the display seems to drop to Standard View when images are played. The first image set plays correctly in the full screen mode, but when a new set of images is sent to "play there" MC changes to Standard View. This seems like a bug to me.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bergmarmot

• Recent member
Re: MC on HTPC - watching photos
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:20:08 am »

I am glad somebody can reproduce my reported bug ... this is really annoying and a reason for me to consider switching to XBMC
Pages: [1]   Go Up