INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.118 -- Available Here  (Read 4832 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.118 -- Available Here
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:35 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

[removed because of this problem:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59664.msg403826#msg403826 ]

15.0.118 (9/24/2010)

1. Changed: Double-clicking a single list file in a grouped list will play the grouping instead of the entire list / entire library (starting at the double-clicked file).
2. Fixed: Searching with the search window could crash (only applies to build 117).
3. Changed: When editing in the Tag Action Window, edits happen on top of (instead of on a line below) the clicked value.
4. NEW: Editing long values in the Tag Action Window extends the edit when necessary outside the bounds of the Tag window.
5. Changed: When in-place editing (Tag Action Window or lists), drop lists will size to fit the current text instead of the widest text of any choice in the drop list (since the drop list opens wider than the edit when necessary).
6. Changed: When zooming in on images during image playback, the aspect ratio will remain fixed during animation.
7. NEW: Detached Display has a right-click option 'Hide Borders'.
8. NEW: When writing tags for podcasts, will also write iTunes proprietary tags so the podcast will show up in the right category in iTunes or on an iPod when used with the File->Export to iTunes and iPhone function.
9. Fixed: MPEG override switch in DLNA server options was not working properly.

15.0.117 (9/23/2010)

1. Changed: When showing a purchase or restore page, the default web browser is used instead of always using IE.
2. Changed: Plurals of field names are now included in the translation file.
3. Changed: Updated all translation files to include latest language from the source code.
4. Changed: Similar artist view in Performer store is populated on demand.
5. Changed: Improvements in Wikipedia artist/album lookups.

15.0.116 (9/21/2010)

1. Faster: Image framework flood filling system uses MMX assembly for faster filling.
2. Faster: Numerous small image framework optimizations resulting in slightly faster rendering.
3. Changed: New notes are no longer added to 'Recently Imported'.
4. Fixed: When streaming a WAV from a Media Network server, the header would not be correct until conversion finished, causing playback errors on some devices.
5. Fixed: Uncompressed WAV did not work properly when selected as a Library Server client conversion option.
6. NEW: Added support for L16 (uncompressed little endian PCM) so Media Center works nicer when playing from DLNA servers that provide this format.
7. Changed: Allow conversion to WAV in the DLNA server (in addition to L16). Some renderers like this better (i.e. the popcorn).
8. Changed: DLNA server, set L16 converted files to seekable as well as transcoded (transcoded flag is required by some renderers.

15.0.115 (9/20/2010)

1. Faster: More big optimizations to core libraries -- database benchmarks about 20% faster, many other areas of the program also faster.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails were not updating properly after rotating images.

15.0.114 (9/17/2010)

1. Faster: Huge speedup to core database -- benchmarks about 12% faster than v113.
2. Faster: Thumbnail style library views load faster.
3. Fixed: Using Ctrl+F from Playing Now while playing could result in the search box losing focus.
4. Fixed: Netflix thumbnails in Theater View were not always working nicely.
5. Changed: Netflix box art is now high resolution.
6. Changed: Improved Wikipedia data for Performer store.
7. Fixed: Netflix queue wasn't showing TV episodes.
8. Fixed: DLNA server, subtitles for LG Blu-Ray (and probably others). Requires DLNAExtra and Present Subtitle resources set in advanced options as well as having the corresponding .srt or .sub file named the same as the original movie in the same folder as the original movie.
9. Fixed: DLNA server, was crashing on WDTV when "present subtitle resources is set". Note the WDTV still won't display subtitles on non-transcoded video files.

15.0.113 (9/16/2010)

1. Fixed: Filename searches could be unreliable (only applies to build 112).
2. Fixed: When using gapped playback modes, a little burst of the previous song could sometimes be heard after the silence.
3. Changed: Improved lip-sync of video when using 'Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) [event style]' output.
4. Fixed: In some cases, at the end of a video started from Theater View, the program could return to Standard View instead.
5. Changed: When jumping to Display View, tooltips are hidden immediately (previously could show on top of Display View briefly).
6. Fixed: Starting Media Server, then showing Theater View, then starting playback, then switching back to a multi-view Standard View configuration (splits or tabs) could be problematic.
7. Changed: Library Views could use unnecessarily verbose view header names when they were on inactive tabs.
8. Changed: View header names for thumbnail category views use plural names when possible. (ie. Rock Artists instead of Rock Artist)

15.0.112 (9/15/2010)

1. Changed: Wikipedia information is now used for albums and artists in Performer store.
2. SDK: When MCWS (web service) functions return MPL, they include the file key for each file using the XML name "Key".
3. Faster: Improved optimizations introduced in build 106, making the core media database faster.
4. Faster: The television engine could cause slowdowns when dealing with subscriptions configured to skip previously deleted programs.
5. Faster: The TVInfo(...) expression functions are faster.
6. Fixed: The Counter(...) expression function would start at zero instead of one when no start index was specified.
7. Changed: 'Expression' type categories in Panes views treat backslashes as nesting (so expressions can create dynamic browse trees).
8. Fixed: Editing the name of an expression column did not show in the column header until leaving and returning to a view.

robydago

Re: Media Center 15.0.118 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:16 pm »

7. NEW: Detached Display has a right-click option 'Hide Borders'.

Thanks a lot for this option.

When borders are hidden the Display can't be moved or resized.

Is this by design?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 03:19:04 pm »

... When borders are hidden the Display can't be moved or resized. Is this by design?

Here's my post and Matt's reply from the closed beta board:

I guess this is a matter of preference and I don't know if this would be technically possible, but I'd like to be able to move and resize the detached window also when the borders are hidden. Left-click, hold & drag (anywhere inside the window area) could be able to move the window and perhaps the "invisible" window border could still be used for resizing the window.

It would be nice, but left-click and mouse movement are reserved for the display itself (consider a DVD menu for example).

If the display could report when it didn't need or use the mouse, it could work.  Maybe someday.

And a new bug (not fixed yet):

After a detached window is maximized there is no way back. It is either always detached and maximized or not detached. It used to be possible to do right-click > Restore, left double-click, or press Esc to restore the window.

If anyone is suffering from this the window state can be reset in the registry:
Set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15\Properties ; UI Core - Detached Display Windowed to 1.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

robydago

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:34:53 pm »

Quote from: Matt
It would be nice, but left-click and mouse movement are reserved for the display itself (consider a DVD menu for example).

If the display could report when it didn't need or use the mouse, it could work.  Maybe someday.

What about something like Shift+LeftClick (or any unused combination) to size and move the display?
If it's not possible, than a mouse over could automatically restore the borders and control boxes.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:18:39 pm »

When I tag some 24bit FLAC files with cover art, I'm seeing a copy of the file being, then erased, made as tags are written to.

Is this normal?

Is this related to some kind of bug with 24bit FLAC files? They all report an error in official Flac Checker; I tested some HDTracks downloads too. How are we supposed to test FLAC files if all 24bit files throw the same error? Generate a 24bit FLAC and test it, very strange.

the-order

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 10:08:28 pm »

Crashes occasionally when running an auto import scan to get new files in the library. (This program has stopped responding and must close)

Also, the fade out on stop option is no longer working. I hit stop and it just stops instantly without any fade no matter what option is selected in the audio options.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:45:04 am »

Crashes EVERY time I try to import via explorer right click  :'(

No logging on IMPORT logs either... so cannot offer any further details beyond 'it crashes'.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:48:06 am »

Crashes EVERY time I try to import via explorer right click  :'(

No logging on IMPORT logs either... so cannot offer any further details beyond 'it crashes'.
Try a reboot.  Please start a new thread if it occurs.  See the wiki article called "Stability" in my signature.

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 09:21:06 am »

When streaming music using DLNA from MC (server and controller) to another PC with MC (renderer), the Number Plays tag is increased by 2 (+1 when the song starts, and then again when it ends).

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 11:33:40 am »

Quick Find In Directory doesn't pick up files named "cover" or "front", if there is more than one image file (like liner notes) in the folder.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »

Try a reboot.  Please start a new thread if it occurs.  See the wiki article called "Stability" in my signature.

The problem has now gone away.  No idea why.  Didn't need to reboot.  Just tried the import later in the day and, hey presto...

hooli

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »

I have the same issue, detached display stuck in full screen mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up