INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync, convert and add cover art to tag  (Read 1686 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Sync, convert and add cover art to tag
« on: September 28, 2010, 03:11:11 pm »

Hi!

I finally got me an Android phone, and I'm using MC14 to sync my music with it.
Apparently, the only way to see album covers is to embed them (or having them as AlbumArt.jpg, which MC isn't able to fix), so in order to do that, I try to enable the following:
In Sync options, I set convert always, mp3 and Cover Art: Add to tags.
MC converts the files, but doesn't add any cover art to the files :(
What else should I try? One issue could be that I'm doing this on my laptop, connected to a Library Server. I also tried setting the "Enable album artwork if possible", but that setting puts the original directory structure on the phone and inside every album folder adding a jpg, which of course the phone, even if it' smart, doesn't know what to do with.

Any clever ideas? Is this perhaps something that's resolved in MC15?

A side note: If connected to Library Server, setting the "Resync if Date Modified has changed" always copies THE WHOLE sync list to the phone, even though you did a sync 2 minutes ago. Weird. But that's for another thread :)

Thanks!

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sync, convert and add cover art to tag
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:31:15 pm »

I have the same issue on mine and I am running 15.
I didn't spend much time trying to figure it out.
In the market there is an alternative music app called "cubed" which will show up as "3".  After I sync with MC15 I run cubed which has a great fetch all album art option - I run that and it cleans up and finds all my art - it woul dbe nice if MC15 could handle this directly though.

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync, convert and add cover art to tag
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:33:01 am »

What I ended up doing was: Before I sync the music, I went to Tools > Options, enabled Cover art: Also add to tag. Then opened up my sync playlist and chose Update tags from library. This inserted the images into my files.
Then a resync all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up