INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem controlling a DLNA Renderer  (Read 1902 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problem controlling a DLNA Renderer
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:44:44 am »

This is great news. I lookked in "Playing Now" within WebRemote control as well as within MC15, both of them have the name of the PC where MC15 is installed and "TV". So I guess TV was recognized. Clicking on "TV" however does not bring me any further. I first tried webremote, clicked on TV, then the song name disappeared and I could not control playback. I have then selected "PC" in playing now zone list, the I could see the name of the song I was playing. Controlling it still did not work, need to read more about it some setting might be wrong somewhere... At this point I am very interested to see how can I control playback on TV using webremote. This is because my carpenter is ready to finish the wall and I still not sure how many devices I will put there... he is a bit annoyed... Please, push me to the right direction one more time, it looks like MC15 and my Samsung UE40B7050 could be winning combo.

Doubled clicked TV within MC15 and then I got an error message "There was a problem controlling the selectected DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings...

Break down the testing a bit. Start with the TV remote and see if you can play files from MC 15. If that works OK, then move to MC on the PC and try dragging and dropping a playlist, or song onto the TV zone. Some devices that show up as Zones are not really controllable, they have an incomplete implementation of the protocol in firmware.

ajocius

• Recent member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:03 pm »

I am able to play music from MC15 on TV with help of TV remote. O connect to media using remote, (it is only one DLNA server run buy MC15 that is available, so it automaticaly finds it), select Audio, then select Artist, then select Album and finally start playing.

I am not sure in what status TV should be when I go back to PC and go into Playing Now area and select TV instead of PC. TV Selection goes well, I dropped some files there from file manager, however when I click start playing, it give me that error message... Wonder if those device settings are something I need to check inside of MC15? Network settings should be fine, as I can access MC15 from TV.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:31 pm »

Are the files you are playing from MC on the local hard disk?

The cleanest test would involve stopping the TV from playing, moving over to MC then clicking on the zone, remove any files currently listed in that zone and then play something from your library.

ajocius

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:32:39 am »

My music files are on NAS, but just for testing I have moved few mp3 files to the root of C drive. I have then opened MC15. "Playing Now" did not list TV in the list before TV was turned on. So I turned on TV. "Playing Now" recognized TV and I had two options to choose in the list. TV and PC (PC name was listed, but TV was just "TV", not the name). I chose TV, removed all files in the list. Then I moved few files from C drive (using File Explorer "drag and drop") into "Playing Now" area zone "TV". I still got same error message that I need to check device settings, network settings, etc.

Could that be that I need to enable something on my TV device, so that it would alllow external device to control it?

On the other thhought, I am able to stream audio from MC12 today. I created Zone called Virtual on MC12, used some virtual cable software and then used some streaming software to stream audio (has made set up some years ago, so I do not remember exactly what was used there and my streaming PC is down now... after lightning). So I was able to use select Zone using my Netremote on PC or WM device, then I select audio, click play and MC12 starts streaming. I just then open any player on receiving side and open network stream and listne to audio. Is it possible to follow same path and then just make TV act as a player for network audio stream? It should be possible, since TV can show youtube, which is audio+video stream... I know this is more a question to TV forum, but I thought maybe somebody here had the same route to stream audio from MC to TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up