INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug in podcast web browser?  (Read 1445 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
bug in podcast web browser?
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

When I originally click on the Home option under podcasts, I have no cursor to type in the search box.  (Clicking in the box doesn't work.)  If I click on one of my podcasts and THEN click on Home, I can get my cursor by clicking in the search box.  But, alas, there is another quirk.  I tried adding TWiT vido to my podcasts, but the links lister after a search brought up a file download dialog box because of an unsupported file type.  I can't even get to the Twit.tv home page.  I thought it might be an issue with twit's RSS feeds, but I already have 2 of their other shows in my podcast list, one added just a couple of weeks ago.

The only change I've made is upgrading to 15.0.80...maybe a bug?

pgrisham

• World Citizen
Re: bug in podcast web browser?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:26:28 pm »

SOLVED--maybe?  IE also started doing the same thing, which it has never done before!  MC browser is an IE shell, isn't it?  Anyway, when I added 'www.' to the beginning of twit.tv, the problem went away...weird.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:15:30 am »

I am still having issues with the web browser/search box in the Podcasts option.  It is simply not working.  Is anyone else having any issues appear?

When I try to select the search box to enter text, I still have to click on something else and THEN click in the search box to get my cursor to appear.  Also, once I can type, NOTHING happens.  The focus is gone from the window, almost like a lock up, but it eventually returns, although nothing has happened with my search entry.  It still just sits there.  The status bar at the bottom says 'Ready' and never changes.

Even clicking on the suggested links for major podcasting websites does nothing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:17 am »

Maybe you have a version of Windows that has no IE.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:17:41 am »

No, this is my main computer.  It has IE and firefox.  It still does this, and the only way to fix is to click on some other option on the left pane and then click in the search box again.  Sometimes it takes a couple of clicks back and forth to get it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up