INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can album art be disabled?  (Read 803 times)

haralson

• Recent member
Can album art be disabled?
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

I use Media Center for the sole purpose of playing high-resolution downloads (and a few ripped CDs). My library consists almost entirely of classical music. I am not interested in seeing the album art and would like to disable that feature. Can this be done?

Similarly, the "Recently Played", "Recently Ripped", etc., that pop up in my Playlist menu are superfluous for me. I already know what I've played and ripped. So I spend a lot of time deleting these lists. Can this function be disabled?

I understand that both album art and Recently Played may be of interest to some users, but to me they are "bells and whistles" that are more of an annoyance than helpful.

With respect to album art, I find it especially annoying that the system will go online, attempting to find album art for a particular recording, but if it cannot find the exact match, it will substitute something similar. I do not find it helpful to see the album cover of a Telarc recording when I am playing an RCA recording of the same music! I hope there is a way to disable this feature.

Thanks!

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can album art be disabled?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »

Review Options (note the search feature) and turn off the various functions you don't need. Ignore automatic lists you're not interested in. Remove Image fields from your views.
Pages: [1]   Go Up