INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DirectShow error when playing .mkv video files  (Read 1015 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
DirectShow error when playing .mkv video files
« on: October 03, 2010, 06:55:51 am »

I have had imported into my main computer at home running win 7 and mc15 about 140 full hd .mkv movies, never had a problem playing any of them.

Just got a notebook computer running win 7 and installed mc15, imported one of my .mkv movies and tried to play it and I am getting the following error, "pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport".

Can someone help me solve this problem, under both computers I have .mkv file type enabled and set to play automatic mode, it works on the one computer but not the other, very strange.

TC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: DirectShow error when playing .mkv video files
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:15:04 pm »

Do you have playback filters installed on the new machine?  CCCP or something similar?

If not, you'll need the proper filters installed.  In all likelihood, installing CCCP will fix you up (if you want, you could instead grab the latest beta build here).  If you don't want to go the all-in-one route, you'll need at least a MKV file decoder like Haali Media Splitter, and a good MPEG-4 decoding filter like FFDSHOW.  A commercial package like CoreAVC (which includes a good build of Haali's splitter) would also work well.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
Re: DirectShow error when playing .mkv video files
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:48 pm »

Thanks Glynor, installed cccp codec pack and now all is well  :)

TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up