INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading to Facebook Fan Page?  (Read 1524 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Uploading to Facebook Fan Page?
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:31:00 am »

MC does a great job uploading photos to your personal profile on Facebook. Is there any way to upload to a Fan Page that you maintain as an administrator?
Jeff

bob

• Administrator
Re: Uploading to Facebook Fan Page?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 03:17:13 pm »

I'm not sure how that works but you could try it with the next build. I'm pretty sure you'd have to be logged into the fan page.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:50:19 am »

Usually fan pages are attached to your personal profile. So if you're logged in, you're logged into your personal profile and then in the top right menu you select Manage Pages to go to the fan page you want to edit.

If you want to see it work with another program, Fotobounce lets you to upload to Pages and your own profile.
Jeff

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:16:51 am »

I'm a pretty casual FB user so I appreciate the education. I don't know how the uploading to a fan page that one admins would work though. There are some references to problems people were having with this after the update, mainly in getting the proto tagged as the user not admin as far as I can tell. It's might just be a matter of asking for extra permissions, otherwise it'd probably require the new API.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 12:54:18 pm »

That's okay. If I can get MC to upload to this other profile like you said it should with the current build in the other topic, then I can copy the pictures from that profile to the Fan Page. It's not a direct route and a little clumsy but it should work.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up