INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixed: WASAPI fails with 6ch 88.2/96KHz 24 Bit Playback from MC Audio Renderer  (Read 3999 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

On my HTPC, I have
- MC's DSP set to upmix to 5.1, upsample to 96khz, and 24-Bit (presented as 32-Bit in Output Mode Setting)
- MC set to WASAPI (or WASAPI Event)
- Win7 32-Bit Ultimate
- ATI HD5450 with HDMI out to Yami Receiver

When I try to play a 2ch 88.2Khz, 24-Bit track MC says my HW does not support it and wants to downsample to 48KHz.  After some testing of the folloiwng upscaling settings in DSP, I get:
- MC: Using WASAPI: DSP Set to Upscale/Mix etc to 2ch 88.2KHz or 96KHz 24-Bit = PASS
- MC: Using WASAPI: DSP Set to Upscale/Mix etc to 6ch 88.2KHz or 96KHz 16-Bit = PASS
- MC: Using WASAPI: DSP Set to Upscale/Mix etc to 6ch 88.2KHz or 96KHz 24-Bit = FAIL
- MC: Using DIRECTSOUND: DSP Set to Upscale/Mix etc to 2ch 6ch 88.2KHz or 96KHz 24-Bit = PASS

I know my HW supports 6CH 96KHz 24-Bit (padded in 32-Bit) over WASAPI as it works fine from Arcsoft TMT, FFDSHOW etc and I can also test it from within Windows.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Here is some screens shots of 6ch 96KHz, 32 Bit working fine from FFDSHOW --> Reclock Audio Renderer over WASAPI
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

The screenshots you show that work are reporting 32-bit, not 24-bit.

In Media Center, check the option to present 24-bit data in a 32-bit package for WASAPI.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Sorry if I did not articulate this well (updated the wording above) "Present 24-Bit data in a 32-Bit packages" is checked in MC (as my card only takes 32-Bit).  MC Playback works fine with all combos of in the DSP for CH, Sampling Rate, and BitDepth but NOT when set to 6ch at 96khz & 24Bit, if I change in DSP any ONE to either 2ch, 48khz, or 16 bit it works.  Also works if I change to DirectSound.

EDIT - FYI Setting the DSP to 32-Bit does not work either.
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Could you send me a log showing the failure?

Also, could you try a few different WASAPI buffer sizes?

That format is working fine here, so I think your driver is rejecting the format for some reason.  The log might offer a hint.

Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Thanks matt - I'm away for a couple of days and will post logs etc then
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Well - I'll be (I must be getting old, not testing properly, or Matt has made an undocumented change!).  Anyway, I updated to the latest version and now I find:
- "WASAPI (Event Style)" works fine
- My cards (two machines) will now accept both 24-Bit and 24-Bit presented as 32-Bit (bit not 32-Bit)
- "WASAPI" still fails with 6ch 96khz 24-bit (log attached) but I'll just use "WASAPI (Event Style)" instead!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'll just use "WASAPI (Event Style)" instead!

Our recommendation is to use "WASAPI (Event Style)" instead of regular "WASAPI" on any hardware capable of supporting the event style.

More information here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WASAPI
Pages: [1]   Go Up