INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA: Connecting to Library Troubleshooting  (Read 2209 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA: Connecting to Library Troubleshooting
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:13:40 pm »

My MC 15 is having trouble finding the DLNA servers on my network, PlayOn and MC15. By default, it doesn't see any of them. If I enable the MC DLNA server, I start to see the servers. When I try to connect to the server, MC says it's unable to start the DLNA client library for this server.

I am not sure why I have to start my DLNA server to see other DLNA servers. Is this normal? Is there a troubleshooting guide I can walk through to find what's wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA: Connecting to Library Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:42:09 am »

You could start with the DLNA article on our wiki.

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:23:02 pm »

I found this in the wiki on DLNA, but it's not a troubleshooting guide.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

The only way I can see other DLNA servers is by starting the DLNA server on the client. And when I try to connect to any of those servers, I get this error message...

"There was a problem trying to load a library from the selected DLNA server."

I connect to these servers fine from my PS3.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:07:14 pm »

Start with the easy one, MC15 to MC15. Server enabled on the server, controller enabled on the MC which will load the library (currently, at least one DLNA function needs to be enabled to get a list of servers in the "connect to library" DLNA box.

Do you have a router, wired or wireless between the computers??

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:44:33 am »

Thanks for the direction bob. I downloaded the latest MC and refreshed both sides, server and client. I can connect to MC DLNA, but not PlayOn.

When I connect to a MC server, it serves only audio. Is this correct? No photo or video support?

PlayOn broadcasts some internet channels. I would like to use MC as a client so I can watch video, etc. on my main PC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »

Thanks for the direction bob. I downloaded the latest MC and refreshed both sides, server and client. I can connect to MC DLNA, but not PlayOn.
Perhaps a wireshark dump would give us some clues but I suspect PlayOn doesn't support the search function which we use to get a library.
When I connect to a MC server, it serves only audio. Is this correct? No photo or video support?

PlayOn broadcasts some internet channels. I would like to use MC as a client so I can watch video, etc. on my main PC.
That changed in build 132. You should get images and video now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up