INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't stop a TV recording  (Read 2975 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can't stop a TV recording
« on: October 13, 2010, 04:56:40 am »

Hi all,

I have an HDhomerun twin tuner that works great. I am currently recording two channels that are a subscription.
I can't go into the recordings pane and cancel either of them. Stop does not work and there is no delete button.

How do you stop a recording?

Rgds...Ross

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can't stop a TV recording
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:33 am »

If you are watching, there is a right-click menu item called "Cancel current recording".  You can also go to Standard view and select the program that is scheduled to be recorded, a "Cancel Recording" button should appear.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »

For future Interact searchers, if the recording is a subscription, the "cancel recording" selections are greyed out.

In order to stop the recording, you have to go into "Configure Recording", and then there are multiple choices, including stop the recording while retaining the subscription.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 11:19:25 pm »

For future Interact searchers, if the recording is a subscription, the "cancel recording" selections are greyed out.

In order to stop the recording, you have to go into "Configure Recording", and then there are multiple choices, including stop the recording while retaining the subscription.

Thanks for that reminder. I've worked this out before when I've needed to but your tip will probably help bed in the process. It would be better if a more direct method was available though.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 08:18:26 am »

if the recording is a subscription, the "cancel recording" selections are greyed out.

I am not seeing this.  Cancel Recording (button or right-click menu item) is available for me, even for subscriptions except in Recording Rules view.

kstuart

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:26:16 am »

I am not seeing this.  Cancel Recording (button or right-click menu item) is available for me, even for subscriptions except in Recording Rules view.
This happened to be during the period of time added by "Keep recording after programs end by..."

Is it possible that whether or not "Cancel Recording" is available is determined by the Guide Listings program duration, and not by the actual period of time that includes the Start Early and End Late ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 01:09:49 pm »

I think that must be it.

kstuart

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »

I think that must be it.
Can the MC20 code be changed to take into account the Start Early and End Late modifications?

Or will we need to use my workaround?

(The vast majority of my use of Stop Recording is during the "End Late" time period.  Typically, that will be anywhere from 30 to 150 minutes added after a sporting event - multiple overtimes or extra time, penalty kicks, trophy presentations, etc.  Stopping the recording then allows tuner conflicts that previously would have gone in favor of the sporting event, to no longer exist, and allow the minor event such as a news program, to be recorded.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up