INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression help  (Read 1245 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Expression help
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:42:57 am »

OK here is what I want to do. Create a smartlist that lists albums that have songs in them with different genres.
I have some albums which have the genre different within the album which is wrong.

Ross

vagskal

Re: Expression help
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:37:31 am »

OK here is what I want to do. Create a smartlist that lists albums that have songs in them with different genres.
I have some albums which have the genre different within the album which is wrong.

Ross

For that I use this expression:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]="audio" ~nodup=[album],[genre],[album artist /(auto/)] ~sort=[Album] ~dup=[album],[Album Artist],[Year] ~a ~sort=[Track #]

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:33:37 am »

Thank You

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:38 pm »

This is a useful expression.  But I'm finding some very random behavior with it.

The number of items matched is quite random.  If I enter the expression in the search field, I get, say 16 Artists.  If I hit enter in the search field to leave that box, the number of artists changes to 15.  If I click "All Artists" in my Artists pane, I get 12.

Each time I use the expression, some random selection of items is returned.

And this causes some selections, or say, some artist, to return no results in the file list.

Perhaps you wanted Album Artist (auto) instead of Album Artist in the ~dup modifier?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up