INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Video" and "Images" selections just disappeared from tree! Now only "Audio"  (Read 1725 times)

Steve Ray

• Recent member

I'm running J River Media Center v 14.0.165 under Windows XP Professional with all patches up to date.  I've been with J River Media Center since v 11.

I've got something really WEIRD going on here because the tree in the left panel that normally shows Audio, Images, Video, Start, Performer Store, Playing Now, Podcasts, Playlists, Drives & Devices, and Services & Plug-ins just suddenly quit showing "Images" and "Video". Additionally, at the same that those two selections disappeared from the tree, all of my TV channels were also erased.  The problem only exists in one account (Administrator) on this XP Professional workstation. If I log in as any other user on this machine, the tree and channels are completely normal. (ie; "Images" and "Video" appear as selections in the tree and the TV channels remain programmed as they always were.)

The only problem I could find in the forums that seemed similar was reported by gvanbrunt on February 27, 2010 under the Subject of "DNLA and Video\Images" but he's talking about the problem being associated with something called "DNLA" which I have no clue what that even means, and he didn't say anything about different accounts or TV tuner channels.  I'm absolutely certain I didn't change any settings let alone start monkeying around with ones I don't even understand to cause this problem! Whatever this thing did, it did all by itself!

Does anyone know what do I need to do to get the "Image" and "Video" selections back in the tree in the Administrator's  account?     

Best Regards,

Steve Ray

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try Tools/Options/General/Features.  Make sure Image and Video are checked.

MC makes automatic backups.  Try restoring one.  File/Library/Restore.

Steve Ray

• Recent member

No go with Tools/Options/General/Advanced/Features as both video and images were already checked.
Did a library restore and everything went back to normal! 

Thanks for the prompt responce and suggestion!

Best Regards,

Steve Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up