INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 doesn't remember MC14 library import  (Read 1238 times)

yonkiman

• World Citizen
MC15 doesn't remember MC14 library import
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:19:20 am »

I bought the license for MC15 (because it seems to retain tag information better when autoconverting for MIDs than MC14, making ReplayGain behavior better than MC14's), but immediately hit a snag.  I'm trying to import my MC14 library, which seems to work fine, but when I quit and restart, MC15 is back to a blank library.  Here's what I'm doing:

• Launch MC15
  • File/Library/Restore LIbrary...
  • I locate my latest MC14 library in C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\Library Backups\ and press OK
  • It says it loaded fine, and my whole MC14 library is now loaded in MC15 and seems to be working fine
  • Quit MC15 and restart MC15 and...
  • ...library is empty again.  If I wait 30 seconds it starts trying to scan my system as if this is the first time I ran the program

Any ideas what it is/I'm am doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC15 doesn't remember MC14 library import
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:51:01 am »

Are you using Library Server?

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:57:56 am »

Nope.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:04:09 pm »

OK, while trying to troubleshoot a different (though I'm sure related) problem with tagging, I ran "Update Library (from tags)".  MC15 seemed to crash after it was done - it was nonresponsive for several minutes - so I killed it.  When I restarted it, the library was there and I could see all the tags on the few songs I looked at.

So I guess I found a work-around, though I'm still curious why the original import failed, and a little nervous that I had to force the app to close after the library update, and that that might have corrupted data somewhere.

-Fred

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »

But this was version 15.130, which has the "Read-only library error from build 130" that's corrected (or compensated for) in 132.  So I deleted all my "Application Data\J River\Media Center 15\" directory, downloaded and installed 15.132, and had the same problem - it forgets my restored library when I quit and restart.

I would like to not that the very first time I installed 15.130 (which was my first MC15 installation ever), I did get the "Read-only library error from build 130".  I quit and re-started and didn't get the error after that, though it sure seems like it could be related to this problem...

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 05:35:12 pm »

Completely uninstalling (including libraries, config files, etc.) and reinstalling worked.  Library imported normally.  Thanks for the support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up