INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to extend the "cd Information window"  (Read 1236 times)

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
to extend the "cd Information window"
« on: October 17, 2010, 06:41:34 am »

when i rip cds, i have a lot of fields with the same information. Would it be possible the "CD Information window" to extend with 6 or 8 or 10 library fields which i can select and enter data ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: to extend the "cd Information window"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:25:04 pm »

You can work around this.  Don't use the rip window until you've first filled in the data in the Drives and Devices view for the CD or DVD drive.  You can customize that view to include the fields you need.  Then use the Tag editor (either in pages or Action Window) to add your desired tags.  For example, I add a reference ID (see image).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:59:54 pm »

Here's my old reply:

You can also add the Disc number field to the filename rule and to the "rip details" view. However, MC seems to have a bug (or a design flaw) in this view. When a Disc number or any other field is added to the "rip details" view the column setup is not stored. The next time the view is opened the columns are reset to the default.

Some of the default columns like "stack icon" or "bitrate" are completely useless when audio CDs are ripped. Here is a screenshot of the columns that I would like to see by default:

Click to enlarge.

You can press the "Details" link in Action Window > Rip to quickly access the disc view. The problem with saving the columns has been fixed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »

yes, but i must fill the fields again and again, i wish i can fill fields once the data is for all cds auomatic in the fields. only when the data is change i change the fields new.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »

It sounds like you asking for two things: 1) enhanced CD rip window, and 2) ability to pre-fill fields (but I can't tell if your asking to have this data pre-filled so that you don't ever have to enter it, or if you want to enter the 6 or 8 or 10 library fields with data each time you rip).

For 1), there is no real need to use that pop-up dialog that appears.  Just close it and use the customized Drives view that you want.

For 2) You can fill all the rows at once; no need to enter the data into each track.  Do either of a) Open the Action Window->Tag, and show the fields you want (eg. Show Tags in Current View) and enter your tag values in the tag editor, or b) Select all the tracks in the view and Edit any one of the fields.  After you hit Enter, the data will populate all the tracks for that field.

MC will take an action for all selected tracks, or all tracks of none are selected when using the action window.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up