INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15.0.125 - Theater View duplicates song tiles,  (Read 1187 times)

Dervishing

• Recent member
15.0.125 - Theater View duplicates song tiles,
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:39:13 pm »

So tonight I opened an album in theater view, everything normal, played 3 songs, used "back" to go back to the list of all the albums, picked another one. Opened it, each song on the album was listed 2 times and both had cover art tagged to them. Listened to 2 songs. Used "back" to go to the big list of albums (cover art, alphabetical by artist), picked a 3rd album, opened it, now each song on the album appears 3 times in the list. The first 2 are both tagged with cover art, the 3rd repeat of each song title is not tagged with cover art. Any of the 3 instances play.
   I then exited Theater back to Standard View, Checked all 3 albums in Standard View and all of them had the song titles listed just 1 time as you would expect.
   Returned to Theater View and selected the 3rd album again (the one with all songs listed 3 times. It still has all the tracks listed 3 times.
   Went back to the big album/artist selection screen, selected a 4th album... opened it, all song tiles are repeated 3 times but now all 3 of them have cover art tagged to them. 5th album has all tracks repeated 3 times but cover art tagged only to first 2 repeats of each song.
   Quit MC15. Waited 2 minutes. Started it up again. Opened Theater View, selected an album that had never been selected before... each song title is repeated 3 times again... but track listing in Standard View is fine for that album.

Windows 7 - FLAC files on USB hard disk
Anything I should try to get Theater View to stop listing each track 2 or 3 times?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 15.0.125 - Theater View duplicates song tiles,
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:27:32 am »

I think you need to cleanup the duplicates in the library.  Picking and deleting them from Standard View is probably easiest.

Double-check the filenames, because sometimes this happens because the same file can be referenced several ways (D:\Music, \\Server\Music, etc.).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dervishing

• Recent member
Re: 15.0.125 - Theater View duplicates song tiles,
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:13 pm »

OK - I didn't make the connection about how Theater Mode worked compared to Standard mode. I have music on external hard disks and in standard mode I pick the hard disk I want, pick the folder I want (A-Z), then browse artists until something strikes me as interesting, pick the album and play the whole album (I'm not a "track" person), like albums and looking through the collection to find something interesting (been browsing shelves for LPs and CDs for more than 4 decades. Anyway, because @@#$%^*&^ Windows won't let you assign permanent drive letters to hard disks, at some point my backup drive and my "live" drive ended up with different drive letters, and both of those were in the Location setting... and yet another drive letter change made both hard disks active in Media Center at the same time. The backup drive is a mirror of the "live" drive but still scratching my head over why tracks would appear 3 times. In the process of removing one of the drive letters from File Location right now. And yes, that fixed Theater View... I'll have to remember Theater View brings up EVERYTHING in the File Location table, not just the drive I happen to be thinking about at the time (LOL!)

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up