INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I choose the fields to see in the "Tag" window?  (Read 1559 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Where can I choose the fields to see in the "Tag" window?
« on: October 18, 2010, 02:31:45 pm »

I have certain tags I want to see only in certain library views.
I have a tag Catalog # that I only want to see in the tag window of "DVD's" but not in "VIDEO".
Where can I change the tags that I want to see in certain library views? Or do they come standard for certain views?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where can I choose the fields to see in the "Tag" window?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:37:50 am »

They're based on media types, or combinations of media types. I don't have DVDs in my library, but I'm sure that they do not have a [media type] of their own, don't they get categorised as "Video"?

Perhaps you could leverage the "show tags in current view" option in your favour?
Videos default to a thumbnail list, so you don't see the columns. Temporarily switch the view to "Details" and select the columns you want to see in the tag window, and remove the ones you don't want.
Switch the view back to thumbs, and set the tag window to "show tags in current view". Does that help?

-marko.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Where can I choose the fields to see in the "Tag" window?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:23 pm »

Yes! Great that is what I am looking for... Didn't realize it works like this. I was looking for a list that you check or uncheck but this is of course the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

Theo
Pages: [1]   Go Up