INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What libraries are need to stream DLNA Video?  (Read 2910 times)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
What libraries are need to stream DLNA Video?
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:24 am »

Running on Ubuntu in wine I have my JRWorker now streaming music and images ... Videos don't ... I installed Cole2k! ... for Videos I see only the files with no thumbnails and they wont play.
On my Windows PC it works fine ... so I image that it could be a missing encoder, driver, whatsorever ...

My Question: What drivers, encoders, libraries are needed to stream Videos and generate the thumbnails?

thx

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What libraries are need to stream DLNA Video?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:54 pm »

Make sure conversion is turned off in the DLNA server options for video.
You should be able to play them at that point since you are just serving items in the database via MC's builtin http server.

Thumbs I think require the whole direct show subsystem.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »

That was easy ... could have thought about that myself ... yes it works - turning off the conversion now its streams Video ...
The only thing is - I definitely need online conversion ...

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »

I reinstalled Cole2k and now streaming works - only transcoding is darn slow ... works better with other servers ... but still thumbnails missing - would be nice if MC would consider using ffmpegthumbnailer or something not windows specific ...
thx

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 07:12:40 am »

About the slow performance ... MC is using the single threaded ffmpeg ... I know the ffmpeg-mt is considered "experimental" - but in my case - and lots of other users in the internet - it works best.
So this is an improvement suggestion ... why not use ffmpeg-mt?

thx

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:34 am »

I would like to bump this up ... maybe one could help me whats needed to generate video thumbs?

thx

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 02:25:03 pm »

About the slow performance ... MC is using the single threaded ffmpeg ... I know the ffmpeg-mt is considered "experimental" - but in my case - and lots of other users in the internet - it works best.
So this is an improvement suggestion ... why not use ffmpeg-mt?

thx

How's the stability of the ffmpeg-mt project?  Last time I checked it had several glitches and seemed far removed from the main development branch.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 02:28:11 pm »

I would like to bump this up ... maybe one could help me whats needed to generate video thumbs?

thx

If you can play the videos you should be able to get the thumbnails.  It builds the playback graph (direct-show) and then captures the thumb.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »

How's the stability of the ffmpeg-mt project?  Last time I checked it had several glitches and seemed far removed from the main development branch.

I compiled it under Ubuntu and currently running it with no problems ... watched a few films already ... havn't seen no glitches ... but my testing experience is based on ~5 films ... mkv, avi, vobs.
Have tried to compile it under windows, so far was successful but not with all codecs - just for fun replaced it with the ffmpeg plugin from MC but it didn't work - not even a crash ...
I've seen that one much easier path to go would be using mencoder which is available as binary with ffmpeg-mt: http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

tom

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 04:17:02 pm »

If you can play the videos you should be able to get the thumbnails.  It builds the playback graph (direct-show) and then captures the thumb.

Found the problem - Video thumbs are missing even when streaming from windows ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up