INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video thumbs missing when doing DLNA  (Read 3353 times)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Video thumbs missing when doing DLNA
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:19:11 pm »

I can see the Video thumbs in my library but not on the DLNA TV ... Audio thumbs do work fine ... could this be a bug? I'am streaming from Windows7 PC.

thx

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video thumbs missing when doing DLNA
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:55:46 pm »

I can see the Video thumbs in my library but not on the DLNA TV ... Audio thumbs do work fine ... could this be a bug? I'am streaming from Windows7 PC.

thx

Should work fine. I just tested it with the newer small artwork too. Try picking one and doing a "update library from tags" and see if that makes any difference. You'll probably at least have to navigate out of the folder and back in on your TV to check for a difference. Note that the current build ALWAYS provides artwork even if it's just the empty folder icon.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 07:57:54 pm »

There you go - now I can see the thumbs from one folder I have opened with MC before ...
Looking into the Activity Log I see the requested jpg files.
When I go into another folder where I havn't been before with MC I do not see any jpg requests. So it looks like to me that MC is not offering them? - of course they havn't been created yet ...

thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:33:19 am »

There you go - now I can see the thumbs from one folder I have opened with MC before ...
Looking into the Activity Log I see the requested jpg files.
When I go into another folder where I havn't been before with MC I do not see any jpg requests. So it looks like to me that MC is not offering them? - of course they havn't been created yet ...

thx

What MC build are you using? Even if the thumbs haven't been created yet, you should still get the folder icon if your build is >= 138. The behavior now is to always offer some artwork.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:00:07 pm »

" ... you should still get the folder icon ..." - but there are no jpg transfered in the Activity Log ...
Only when I go there with MC in the tree view so that all thumbs are generated - after that I see them on my TV ...

thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 01:23:52 pm »

The problem should go away when you get to version 138, at least you'll get the empty folder icon when the thumbs haven't been generated yet.
If you have auto import on for the video file location when you add a video file it will create the thumb.
Otherwise you can highlight the video files, right click and do cover art->rebuild thumbnails to get a real time thumbnail build. Warning, if you have a lot of files it will take a while.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 01:38:23 pm »

The problem should go away when you get to version 138, at least you'll get the empty folder icon when the thumbs haven't been generated yet.
There is an icon - but it's not the video thumb ... - it looks more like the native icon from the TV - remember there is no jpg transfered.

If you have auto import on for the video file location when you add a video file it will create the thumb.
The files already have been imported ... I prefer to have them created on demand.

Otherwise you can highlight the video files, right click and do cover art->rebuild thumbnails to get a real time thumbnail build. Warning, if you have a lot of files it will take a while.
This I already know - and thats how I can reproduce/prove this bug.

So the point is - video thumbs are not generated "on demand" as done with the Audio ...

thx

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:15:40 pm »

There is an icon - but it's not the video thumb ... - it looks more like the native icon from the TV - remember there is no jpg transfered.
The files already have been imported ... I prefer to have them created on demand.
This I already know - and thats how I can reproduce/prove this bug.

So the point is - video thumbs are not generated "on demand" as done with the Audio ...

thx

Hi, actually they are created on demand. Once you've accessed the file, say on the DLNA server, or by going to look at it in the tree, it's marked for background building of the thumbnail by the thumbnail helper. It CAN take quite a while for MC to go through all of the files marked for thumb creation. ALSO, for DLNA, many of the rendering devices cache the icon so you might not see it refreshed even if the thumb has been built until that cache expires or either the server or renderer is power cycled.

Check your messages for a message..

Thanks,
Bob

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 04:20:18 pm »

Hi,

first thx for this super support. Video thumbs are now working as expected.

About the replay gain - this long discussion made me think that maybe I've really done something wrong ... this "automatic replay gain from average" explains my findings so far ...

thx
thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up