INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command Line - Help  (Read 3229 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Command Line - Help
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:26:36 am »

I've been in the wiki but can't seem to get it working. 

I have an already open instance of mc and I want it to play a file in fullscreen when mc is not the selected application.   I've tried the following:

c:\program files\j river\media center 14\media center 14.exe /fullscreen /play "c:\users\jmccall\videos\cars.m4v"
c:\program files\j river\media center 14\media center 14.exe /fullscreen /playreplace "c:\users\jmccall\videos\cars.m4v"
c:\program files\j river\media center 14\media center 14.exe /fullscreen /command play "c:\users\jmccall\videos\cars.m4v"

In fact if I have an already open instance of mc I can't even play get the file to play with the following:

c:\program files\j river\media center 14\media center 14.exe "c:\users\jmccall\videos\cars.m4v"

But it will play with the above command line if mc is closed.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Command Line - Help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:57:18 am »

there are two things. command line switches for mc do not work after each other. and you should use mc14.exe. that is enough, windows knows, but when you are cusious, its in the system 32 folder.

when you get stuck when trying that. just say so.
 :)
gab

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:06 am »

Thanks so mcuh.

Okay making progress.  So now it'll play the file when I have an already open instance of mc is running.  I'm failing to get the theater view switch to work.  It's playing in display mode.  I'm using the following:

C:\Windows\System32\mc14.exe /Theater c:\users\jmccall\videos\cars.m4v

with this command line if mc is not running it'll just open and go to theater view.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Okay I guess I wasn't thinking that /theater and the file path would be multiple switches but they are.  So 1 will just work.  This is for voice command and another user has submitted xml code that I can then just say theater to switch so i'll just do that.

Thanks again.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:49:22 pm »

Actually doesn't work.  When I say theatre it stop the movie and goes to theatre view in the playing now.  ANy way to add multiple switches?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:27:46 am »

Actually doesn't work.  When I say theatre it stop the movie and goes to theatre view in the playing now.  ANy way to add multiple switches?
mc 15 has an option that says: "Pause video playback when entering thv". its under options>thv. i think mc 14 had that option also.

could it be that that is what is happening?

:)
gab

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:42:17 pm »

That sounds like it.  Thanks gabbie I'll try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up