INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make MC tray icon ALWAYS visible in Win7 for easy control?  (Read 7590 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen

When I'm playing MC I always minimize it to the system tray so that my Windows Taskbar can have as much space as possible, cause I have many applications open, and like MC to be playing music for me in the background while I work.

The problem is I have to everytime click "show hidden icons" on the Windows tray, before I can control or view MC info from system tray icon.
When I go to customize the Windows 7 tray icons, so that I can set the MC tray icon to "always show", it isn't able to do that cause the tray icon changes with every song/media file played.
So if I say for it to "Always Show" when for instance nothing is playing or if say Depeche made is playing, it WILL show the MC icon, But only until the next music/media file is play.  Then it disappears again.
It's like windows system tray can't tell that MC is the same program, and assigns it new properties with everytime it changes a media file.

Is there any way to have the MC tray icon Always showing? Is there anything you could add to allow this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to make MC tray icon ALWAYS visible in Win7 for easy control?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:54:29 am »

On Windows 7, could you just do a normal minimize since the program icon is about the same size as the tray icon?

Media Center has nice player controls that appear when you mouse over the program icon on Windows 7.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:27:34 pm »

Media Center has nice player controls that appear when you mouse over the program icon on Windows 7.

I unticked the "minimize to system tray", but when i hovered over the taskbar icon (which is pinned to taskbar) it gives normal thumbnail view & if I right-click over it it just gives me these 3 options 1)Media Center 15 2)Unpin this program from taskbar 3)Close window. No other nice player controls are visible?

I also "unpinned" it % then tried it and still nothing.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »

Did you disable Aero-Peek? You need Aero enabled for this!

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »

As with other folks...I see no such thing in Windows 7 64bit...full Aero On etc...I see a thumbnail when hovering over the icon and the same three basic commands when right clicking on it.....?

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:32:03 pm »

I'm not sure what bearing this may have on the problem, but maybe it'll mean something to someone...

When I first read this, I realized not only were the controls missing from my mouse-over thumbnail, my Taskbar Progress plugin wasn't working. The latter I probably just didn't notice after having to start MC with plugins disabled a while back. I couldn't reactivate it using the plugin manager, so I reinstalled it. The plugin now works fine—and the player controls are back.

Maybe reinstalling the plugin changed/fixed something in the registry. If I didn't have the plugin, I'd try a reboot. :-\

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 05:55:39 pm »

my Taskbar Progress plugin wasn't working.

Exactly what the heck is a Taskbar Progress plugin - and where does one see this? Does it come with MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »

I don't think it's a JRiver plug-in.

Here's what you should see on Win7 (image attached).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

Are you guys sure you're not just "not seeing" them?

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:22:27 pm »

I think the difference between JimH's and glynor's picture is the disabling / enabling of the Aero Peek feature.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 06:44:34 pm »

Are you guys sure you're not just "not seeing" them?

Aero Peek fully enabled...MC playing and still just a plain ole thumbnail. Methinks - this has nothing to do with Aero Peek.....

rick.ca

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:14:45 pm »

Exactly what the heck is a Taskbar Progress plugin - and where does one see this? Does it come with MC?

Windows 7 Taskbar Progress Plugin. Like I said, I don't know what bearing it has on the problem, other than installing something that also affects the taskbar seemed to resolve it for me.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 11:24:34 pm »

Somehow I now got it to work.

After disabling "minimize to system tray". I closed MC and restarted pc. Now it's there.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 11:33:23 pm »

Windows 7 Taskbar Progress Plugin. Like I said, I don't know what bearing it has on the problem, other than installing something that also affects the taskbar seemed to resolve it for me.

Careful, as by default this plugin wants to install itself to MC 14 plugin directory. One has to manualy select browse and choose the MC 15 plugin directory.

Pages: [1]   Go Up