INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 and iPad  (Read 1457 times)

supra

MC 15 and iPad
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:09:48 am »

MC15 is brilliant sound, totally eclipses iTunes, but there is real joy in using iTunes with the iPad and Remote app installed- you can sit at your listening position and go through the album covers till you find something interesting, choose a song, and then do it again and again, without moving an inch.
It's a totally enjoyable experience and a big thing.
I tried the Rivermote app on my iPad to work with MC15 but it's not really designed for iPad, it is really an iPhone app and pales in comparism to the iTunes/iPad experience.
C'mon you developers out there- we really need an app to use iPad with MC15- you'll sell a heap if it works as well as the iPad Remote, I'd happily pay a premium price for a good product.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 15 and iPad
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:32:41 am »

MT5FR

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:42:30 am »

I second that supra.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:45:05 pm »

we really need an app to use iPad with MC15- you'll sell a heap if it works as well as the iPad Remote, I'd happily pay a premium price for a good product.

Thirded.  Though I'd want an iPhone version.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 04:54:22 pm »

... and an Android and Windows Mobile version please ... havn't decided yet what to buy  ;) ...

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:22:48 am »

C'mon you developers out there- we really need an app to use iPad with MC15- you'll sell a heap if it works as well as the iPad Remote, I'd happily pay a premium price for a good product.

I'm not so sure it'd sell a heap, unless your idea of a heap is much less than mine. It's unclear how many people use MC, as well as how to market to that user base. For the number of hours you'd need to put in I can't see how you'd get a worthwhile return, particularly as you are merely trying to catch up to and mimic a pretty slick product that costs nothing.

csimon

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:55:17 pm »

I have an iPad, I'm currently using PlugPlayer as a DLNA Controller and MC as a DLNA Server.  My DLNA Renderer is a WD TV Live box.

You could use MC as a DLNA Renderer via this route, rather than a custom iPad app to directly remotely control MC.  Turn on DLNA Server and DLNA Renderer but use an external DLNA Controller to control it.

However, PlugPlayer is not "pretty" as yet and while it is slick, it only works in text mode and doesn't yet understand about browsing by thumbnails.  However, I'm trying to suggest enhancements.  ;-)

It would be an absolute killer app - would it be the first UPnP/DLNA controller to be able to browse a DLNA Content Directory seamlessly as though it was a native media library??  It should be able to switch to a thumbnail mode whenever the server tells it to, i.e. supplies artwork for the container and the items.  And it should be able to recognise the difference between audio, photos and video.

But it requires authors of the respective programs to recognise the potential, and perhaps talk to each other??

MC DLNA server should be configurable so that you can define what images to send at what levels and whether to send images at all for that level (there is already a thread for this sort of thing - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60269.0).

PlugPlayer (or in fact any DLNA Controller) should be able to act on the content directory that is being sent to it and render it appropriately.

Going the DLNA route means that authors can concentrate on their own programs and not have to develop custom control apps for other platforms and devices, of which there might only be a handful of users.  Just ensure that their own product complies with the protocols fully and is sufficiently configurable.

supra

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:04:33 pm »

I downloaded VNC Viewer, and it works ok, at least I can access more than the 500 files Rivermote gives me, it basically gives me PC control, but I sure do miss the touchscreen operation, using a mouse seems a bit dated now.
At least I dont have to get off my seat now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up