INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keystroke shortcuts for "play all" and "add to que" actions?  (Read 951 times)

lhwidget

• World Citizen
Keystroke shortcuts for "play all" and "add to que" actions?
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

Brand new user here, just learning MC. 

I'm moving to MC (fantastic sound with ASIO on XP Pro, through both an Audigy Platinum sound card and a Xonar DX on a second machine) from XBMC (fair sound and audible hiccups on my second machine with a Xonar DX card).  I was actually surprised ;D the difference with ASIO wasn't subtle, it was very audible on my PC with the Audigy and the hiccups disappeared with the Xonar DX.  There was obviously some processing left on in the Creative driver I was unable to find over the past two years...

I'm making a list of keystroke shortcuts to control MC in Theater View and I've had very good luck finding everything I need except two:
In Theater View - Audio - Artist
When in artist view, I navigate to a target, say Jethro Tull.  Is there a keystroke shortcut that will simply play all of the Jethro Tull albums?  So far, I find that I have to highlight an artist, select (hit enter), then select all (hit enter again), then move right (press the right arrow key), then hit enter again on the play all button.

A single keystroke shortcut to stop playing the current que, and play the highlighted artist, genre, album or song would be very handy. 

Second, a similar keystroke shortcut to add the selected item (artist, album, or song) to the end of the que would be great to have.

I suspect this already exists, but I sure can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for a great product!

Jay T

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Keystroke shortcuts for "play all" and "add to que" actions?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:24:03 pm »

what gives you what you want is rightclicking with the mouse on the artist. on the keyboard there is oft a key that does the same, i forgot the name, on my keyboard its just besides the ctrl at the righthand side.

hope it helps

:)
gab

lhwidget

• World Citizen
Re: Keystroke shortcuts for "play all" and "add to que" actions?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »

Thanks Gab,
I use Event Ghost to get from a Harmony Remote to Beyond TV, Total Media Theatre 3, and now, MC through a Media Center Remote receiver.

I found the key you're talking about, left of the right side control key.  That gets the menu up, then I add successive keystrokes in the Event Ghost macro for P (pops the cursor to Play), then enter. 

What I like is that this could be triggered by a single press of the play button on the remote.

But this gives me another problem; If I navigate to a specific song, this behavior won't trigger it to play...  Darn, I thought this was gonna work.

Thanks for the idea
Jay T
Pages: [1]   Go Up