INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to Android duplicating files  (Read 1040 times)

DonDallas71

• Recent member
Sync to Android duplicating files
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »

I am running MC 15.0.122. I have an HTC Incredible running 2.2 which mounts my sdcard to drive O: which shows within MC for sync purposes. I have all of my music syncing to media\music\[Artist]\[Album]\ and a conversion cache pre-built that has everything in mp3 96bit format. My database path is media\. I did an initial sync of my 1,552 songs. After I re-attahced later, it tried to re-sync all 1,552 songs again. I figured it would just recognize the songs were already there and skip them, but it started recopying all the mp3's into the same folders with a "(1)" appended to all the file names.

I tried upgrading to 15.0.142 but that removed all my music cache settings and I could not find where to re-enable it. It would no let me sync at all because it said I did not have enough free space to copy all 1,552 full-bitrate songs. I then downgraded back to 15.0.122 since the upgrade only made the issue worse.

Anyone else had this issue with MC not recognizing music it already synced and then duplicating all the music on the device? For the time being I am just going to use sync-toy to replicate my cache folder to my android.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Sync to Android duplicating files
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »

The handheld cache location is now configured under File Location in options. Are you connecting the phone in Mass Storage or MTP mode?
Pages: [1]   Go Up