INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: changes in view sorting, thumnail txt can make the empty  (Read 920 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: changes in view sorting, thumnail txt can make the empty
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:42:24 pm »

Issue #1

This happens sometimes (frequently) in thumbnail category view, when I change sorting, ie. to Track # sorting. MC resets the zoom level to 0, removes the thumbnail text, and returns to the root category.

Ok, hitting back button takes me back and I can refix the zoom, but it took me really a while to figure out that the problem is in the zoom. I was just looking at an empty view without clue.

Related but independent issue.

Issue #2

When the category heading text is long, I loose
- customize view button
- zoom menu

I can customize somewhere else, but don't know how to do that for zoom. Either way, it is annoying. Instead, MC should shorten category heading as necessary.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Re: BUG: changes in view sorting, thumnail txt can make the empty
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:49:33 pm »

The first bug may be occurring because I have [Track #] in the thumbnail txt, to show the number files in each category.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »

Issue #1

This happens sometimes (frequently) in thumbnail category view, when I change sorting, ie. to Track # sorting. MC resets the zoom level to 0, removes the thumbnail text, and returns to the root category.

Ok, hitting back button takes me back and I can refix the zoom, but it took me really a while to figure out that the problem is in the zoom. I was just looking at an empty view without clue.

Related but independent issue.

I don't see the same.  Is it view specific?

Issue #2

When the category heading text is long, I loose
- customize view button
- zoom menu

You can click the chevron that appears, then click the word, and you'll get the customize view menu.

Closing tabs or making the program wider would also help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:26:27 pm »

Matt,

for issue #1, I get it often but not consistently. I may be having this problem because those view schemes were created with MC 14 initial or maybe because they are complicated in many different ways. I will try to nail it down on a simpler example when I get some time to work on it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up