INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Position Display (new in 15.0.145)  (Read 8781 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Position Display (new in 15.0.145)
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 12:35:18 pm »

We're probably done making changes with this, except for a timeout that will display the position display for about 8 seconds before disappearing.  It will also be removed from image displays.

This will be good.  Thank you very much for this.  I love it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 06:46:46 pm »

With a little more clutter, it could be much more logical and functional...Progress and time-of-day times could be on two lines, separated by a thinner progress bar. The time-of-day line would include the time started, paused (i.e., the current time) and the projected ending time. Something like:

paused                        29:15                      46:01
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx------------------------
10:24 pm                    10:53 pm                 11:10 pm

It would make it easier for your wife to make that "continue or go to bed" decision. 8)

I third this thought!  I love being able to see the time a movie will end.

edit;
It's even nicer if this display is available via the info button, without having to pause the movie.

I hope you'll consider this Jim...

Thanks for your efforts!
Jay T

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 10:17:21 pm »

I'd fourth this idea too, but there may be some pitfalls. What if you pause the movie for ten minutes and then resume, say? It would be great if the finish time will take that into account, but to some it may seem confusing why the movie length does not equal end time minus start time. It's not really that difficult to do a little mental arithmetic and figure out when the movie will end if you have all the info currently displayed.

rick.ca

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:10 am »

I'd fourth this idea too, but there may be some pitfalls. What if you pause the movie for ten minutes and then resume, say?

It could do this...

paused                      29:15                                   46:01
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            ------------------------
10:24 pm                              11:03 pm                 11:20 pm

...but that would be pointless if it disappears after 10 seconds. Do we have a fifth?  ;D

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 06:37:50 am »

I'd fourth this idea too, but there may be some pitfalls. What if you pause the movie for ten minutes and then resume, say? It would be great if the finish time will take that into account, but to some it may seem confusing why the movie length does not equal end time minus start time. It's not really that difficult to do a little mental arithmetic and figure out when the movie will end if you have all the info currently displayed.

I agree the un-updated screen would seem odd, but the fade-out, and doing the calculation fresh every time this display is activated would keep that confusion to a minimum.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 12:19:25 pm »

Please:

Show button in display: stop, play etc. Please, add ...

Very good in detach display.

I dont speak english.

Thanks.

Hasta la vista,

Fabricio

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 12:16:46 am »

Okay, you guys have confused me in real life with your "text character mock-ups" of when the video started and finished. I think I got used to the idea; now any time I see the current time on the display, I keep thinking that's what time the show is going to end! lol

rick.ca

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:19 am »

It's not really that difficult to do a little mental arithmetic and figure out when the movie will end if you have all the info currently displayed...

...unless you don't know what you're looking at. So do we have your vote or not? ;D

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 01:14:12 am »

I guess so...

TBH, I've wanted what we have now for so long, that I feel I should just shut up and be grateful without pushing my luck! :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:12 am »

With a little more clutter, it could be much more logical and functional...Progress and time-of-day times could be on two lines, separated by a thinner progress bar. The time-of-day line would include the time started, paused (i.e., the current time) and the projected ending time. Something like:

paused                        29:15                      46:01
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx------------------------
10:24 pm                    10:53 pm                 11:10 pm

It would make it easier for your wife to make that "continue or go to bed" decision. 8)

I love this idea. The expected end time would be useful indeed!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »

I really do like the new Position Diplay bar, it's a great improvement over what we had before.

But the family/visitors find the bar confusing when watching timeshifted TV.

The reason being that the timeshifting buffer indicator, although there if you know to look for it isn't very obvious.  In fact I had to re-read this thread to remember that the grey bar under the green bar was in fact the buffer. 

Could we please have the buffer indicator in a more obvious colour or at least with more contrast against the background?

On some screens that don't have brightness/contarst setup correctly I can imagine the buffer bar could be very hard to see at all in its current colouring.

Thanks
Richard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up