INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Changes Issues  (Read 1132 times)

dildaly

• Recent member
Tag Changes Issues
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:11:09 am »

Media Centre 15 continually announces it is saving tag changes even when I haven't made any.

Any thoughts please?

rally25rs

• Recent member
Re: Tag Changes Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »

I've been wondering the same thing.
I have MC 15 installed in 'portable' mode right on my device. Every time I open it, it starts saying "Saving tag changes" in the status bar, and if I watch the file system activity with SysInternals Process Monitor, it starts updating a lot of files on the device. This in turn causes the device to rebuild its internal library when I unplug it, since it detects all these files changed. Since I have gigs of music on here, it means my device is unusable for several minutes, every time i unplug it from USB.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »

Perhaps you have the "Get cover art" and "Analyze audio" background tasks enabled in the Auto-Import options. By default the cover art images and results of the Replay Gain and BPM analysis are stored in the file tags.

It is also possible to set the "Number Plays", "Last Played", and "Last Skipped" fields to write tags, but by default these values are stored only in the database.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rally25rs

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02:27 am »

Alex, shouldn't those auto-import actions only happen on import though? Not immediately when MC is opened...

I did have "get cover art" enabled in the auto-import settings, so I un-checked that. No other auto-import actions were enabled. I restarted MC. That DID seem to stop it from updating the tags on everything.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up