INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting new Audio view to "stick"  (Read 2048 times)

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
Getting new Audio view to "stick"
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:56:32 pm »

None of the views under audio are what I want. (They are Albums, Artists, etc. )
I add a view "composer" and am able to sort by composer as the first column. But, the view sorted by composer does not "stick".  There is no "file save as" to save the view sorted by composer.  When I go out of J River and come back, the view goes right back to what it was before I sorted: albums. 
How do I get a custom view to "stick"?

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Getting new Audio view to "stick"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:05:35 am »

Maybe right clic under the view > customize view > set rules for file display > sort by
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »

View changes should stick automatically.  Are you trying to make changes from a library server client?

EDIT: Sorting changes can be overridden a number of ways...

1. Check to make sure Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Sorting -> Save changes on list header clicks is enabled.  With this option disabled, list header clicks will change sorting only until you leave and re-open the view. Enable it to allow clicking on the headers to make permanent sorting changes.
2. Make sure you aren't trying to modify a view from a Library Server CLIENT.  This isn't supported.
3. Make sure the view you are trying to modify, doesn't have a permanent sorting rule applied.  Right click on the View in the tree -> Customize View -> Included Files (Right side) -> Set Rules for file display.  There can be a "Sort By" rule under the Modify Results section.

TIP: I keep #1 disabled, and define all my sorting systems via #3.  If you do it this way, you can "quick sort" (for just a single-purpose) by clicking the header, but you design your long-term view "thoughtfully" via the #3 mechanism.  When you do need to "quick sort" a view, you can be sure it will always go back to the way you really designed it.  If you use a certain sorting system frequently, make a separate view just for that sorting style, which you can then customize in other ways with column orders and different search filters.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:50:14 am »

I have done everything you suggest, but the same problem exists: as soon as I go out of J River and come back in, the old view is present.  That view includes a breakdown by album, WHICH I DO NOT WANT. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:54:42 am »

Are you connecting to a Library Server, or using some type of read-only library?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:25:53 pm »

I seem to have the same(or related?) problem. It seems to occur when mixing detailed and thumbnail view on a view scheme. If I convert everything to detailed category view, the views seem to stick.

vagskal

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:28 am »

Could it be this issue with categories views that you are experiencing?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58576

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »

I am not aware that my files are read only or that I am on some type of client server. 
By the way, a similar issue is that I want a playlist to stop playing when the last track is played.
I highlight the last track in a playlist and use the Player> Stop after last track.
But the "stop after last track" won't stick to the last track.  When I play the playlist, it quickly starts repeating after the last track finishes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up