INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 not recognizing a Multiple Artist Album as being a complete album  (Read 1153 times)

emastroi

• Recent member

I am using MC 15. For some reason there is one Multiple Artist Album showing as individual albums. All the files are in the same folder, the Tags all show the same name for the albums and all other Tag info seems correct as well. What's really weird is that if you open the fold in Album View The List in the tree does recognize these as one album but when you click on it, they again show as individual albums. How can I fix this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC15 not recognizing a Multiple Artist Album as being a complete album
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:06 am »

Welcome to Interact.

Check that the 'Track #' field counts sequentially from 1...n and that the 'Disc #' field is all the same.

Let us know what you find.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

emastroi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »

Those are the first 1 things I Checked.

All files are in the same folder. The Tags all have the same name for the album and all tracks are seqentially numbered from 1 to 17.

I'm sure the problem is something trivial. I've been using MC for years and have never had a problem like this before.

emastroi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:31:29 pm »

I've figured out the problem i was having. For My Tags, I use "ARTIST" and not "ALBUM ARTIST" or "ALBUM ARTIST (AUTO)" so I never show these fields in my view configurations. A thought occurred to me to check them and when i did, I noticed they were filled in with each artist name when they should have said "(Multiple Artsist)". When I corrected this, it corrected my issue.

Thanks for your help, though!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up