INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last FM Scrobbling  (Read 6164 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Last FM Scrobbling
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:41:07 pm »

I have searched and read the wiki to no avail.

I cannot for the life of me get scrobbling to LastFM working.

I downloaded the LastFM scrobbling program and it doesn't offer support for MC.

Then in Options>Services, when I click on "manage LastFM Account it errors saying something about "Application not found" and to then "Click on Webpage Opened".

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Last FM Scrobbling
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:26:10 am »

Please ensure that you have the latest version of Media Center installed from the top of this board.

Last.fm recently changed the URL of their Scrobbling v2.0 server.

Also, you need to let Media Center open the authorization webpage.  If you're getting "Application not found", is it possible you don't have a webbrowser configured to open a URL?  Try installing Google Chrome or Firefox, because perhaps something goofed up your IE install?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:13:25 pm »

Great, thanks Matt!

I think I have the .135 build.  I will grab the newer above.

The "application not found" error refers to the "lastfm authentication program" or something.  It is not referring to a browser.

And yes I have Firefox as my everyday browser, and I am sure I also have Chrome and IE.  So that is not the issue.

When it says "click on the webpage opened", there is no webpage opened to click on.

Hopefully the update will fix the issue.

Thanks again for the help.  I will report back the results.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:22:13 pm »

When it says "click on the webpage opened", there is no webpage opened to click on.

That's the problem.  We're trying to show a webpage at last.fm that will ask you to authorize us.  We use the same code to launch a browser everywhere in the program, and I've never heard of it failing.

What OS are you running?

What happens if you type this URL into your run box on Windows:
http://www.last.fm/api/auth/?api_key=foo&token=bar

Thanks.

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:31 am »

I am running xp.

When I pasted that into my browser It returned a webpage inside lastfm that states:

"Invalid API key. If you are a third party developer see our authentication how-to to find out more."

Thanks again for the epic support Matt.

-p

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:02:27 am »

When I pasted that into my browser

He wants you to paste it into the Start -> Run box, not into the browser.  He is trying to see if that command will launch your browser.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

Sorry you guys.  His instruction is totally clear.  I am just a dumbass. I missed the run box portion.

As soon as i get home this evening I will do exactly as he requested.

Thanks again,
Patrick

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »

He wants you to paste it into the Start -> Run box, not into the browser.  He is trying to see if that command will launch your browser.

Hi,
Eavesdropping here...  

Am having no scrobbling problems and for curiousity I dropped the URL into my Run and received:  "Invalid API key. If you are a third party developer see our authentication how-to to find out more".

Firefox is my default browser.  Was I supposed to receive that message?

EDIT:
Yes.

From the sound of it, running a URL doesn't launch a browser on Patrick's machine.  I don't know why.
 Thanks Matt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 06:28:36 pm »

Was I supposed to receive that message?

Yes.

From the sound of it, running a URL doesn't launch a browser on Patrick's machine.  I don't know why.

pcstockton

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

OK,

When pasted into my run bar it brings back the same error window as clicking in MC Options:

Specifically it says:

http://www.last.fm/api/auth/?api_key=foo&token=bar
Application Not Found

Thanks,
Patrick

Should I not have LastFM scrobbling program installed already?  Because I do now have it installed and working on Foobar.  I ask because of the text in the error referring to foobar.

Thanks!
Patrick

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:39 pm »

'Application Not Found' means nothing is associated with http:// commands.

We tried on an XP machine at JRiver and running a URL launched a browser as expected. 

So I think you have some file association issue or maybe a virus checker type program standing in the way.  You might reinstall your favorite browser.

(p.s. foo and bar are just dummy words used often in programming; the issue is that we can't launch a browser, not that the URL is wrong)

pcstockton

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:25 pm »

Cool.

Thanks for continuing to assist.

Any thoughts on how I associate a browser with windows so this will work?  I Have IE, Chrome and Firefox.  Apparently none are set-up to do what they need to.

I reinstalled Firefox, and still nothing.  Is this a setting in the browser or somewhere in windows?

FYI, clicking on URLs in emails and elsewhere have always worked.

Cheers,
Patrick

NRGman

• Recent member
  • I'm 2 meters tall...
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 05:43:03 am »

Hi, I've updated to the latest release and have the Last.fm part configured in MC.

When i start playing it will show up as playing now on my Last.fm profile page but when it starts the next track the previest now playing track isnt added to the trance i've played.

any ideas?
Home: Media center / Sony - CDP-211 + Luxman L3 / NAD C356BEE + Digitech TT + Aaron ATS-5
Portable: iPod classic 120GB + UE triple.fi 10
Last.FM Page: http://www.last.fm/user/CruizinEB
Discogs Page: http://www.discogs.com/use

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 10:39:24 am »

Hi, I've updated to the latest release and have the Last.fm part configured in MC.

When i start playing it will show up as playing now on my Last.fm profile page but when it starts the next track the previest now playing track isnt added to the trance i've played.

any ideas?
Am not quite sure what you are describing and others can help me out if I am on the right track...
To the best of my recall doesn't Last.fm require the user to let the track play for a minimum amount of time before it gets added to it's playlists?  Could this requirement be involved in what he is describing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:04 am »

any ideas?

Please make sure you are playing the file completely, and also ensure that you have build 15.0.142 or newer installed.

pcstockton

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:14 pm »

Ok. I made IE the default browser and everything worked perfectly.
It appears you need to use IE and it must be set as the default browser.

Once setup with lastfm you can change it back.

Thanks all!!!!!
Patrick

NRGman

• Recent member
  • I'm 2 meters tall...
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 08:44:59 pm »

Please make sure you are playing the file completely, and also ensure that you have build 15.0.142 or newer installed.

yep that's how i play tracks, i have also installed 15.0.150, deleted my connection to my last.FM account and reconnected it, i have also removed all submition rules and added them again but to no avail  :(
Home: Media center / Sony - CDP-211 + Luxman L3 / NAD C356BEE + Digitech TT + Aaron ATS-5
Portable: iPod classic 120GB + UE triple.fi 10
Last.FM Page: http://www.last.fm/user/CruizinEB
Discogs Page: http://www.discogs.com/use

DjSmooth

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:09 am »

This LastFM thing is killing me, even after authorizing it several times and deleting it several times, it will still give me the error message and shows that I am not subscribed, thus no using the LastFM Radio for You. I really would like this fix, the Media Center is just a bit to expensive for everything not to be working correctly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 09:34:30 am »

This LastFM thing is killing me, even after authorizing it several times and deleting it several times, it will still give me the error message and shows that I am not subscribed, thus no using the LastFM Radio for You. I really would like this fix, the Media Center is just a bit to expensive for everything not to be working correctly.

Sorry for the trouble.

Please provide some more details, like what the error text says.  Also, try disabling any in-the-middle type internet programs like virus checkers or internet security programs.  This isn't a problem we've seen a lot.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up