INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import  (Read 3524 times)

MikeAus

• Recent member
Auto Import
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:00 pm »

A couple of questions on Auto Import. It seems to work sporadically, it will pick files up quickly when added to the library only sometimes. Other times it can be a few hours and the files still haven't been imported. Doing a manual Import then adds the files. My problem is I am mainly in Theater View which means I have to Remote in to do the import. Is there a way to kick off an import via Theater View?
My last question is on the analysing files that happens at the end of the import, for some reason every time I run an import it spends 30 minutes analysing 300-400 files each time. Not sure why it does this.
I am on latest version, however this behaviour is consistent across all versions I have been on. My music files are local, my video files are on a NAS drive.
Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 08:10:44 pm »

My initial guess would be that whatever is causing the analysis is what is "blocking" the auto-import.  Since background auto-importing happens at a much lower priority than manual, it could be that the analysis portion of the auto-import process is taking a long time (which makes it seem like it is taking hours to "catch" new files).

As to what is causing the re-analysis though, I'm not going to be much help...

A log file might be useful.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 12:31:47 am »

I don't think that's it. The analysis takes 30 minutes or so to finish. Then if I add some new files they may not be auto imported. I'm thinking it's something to do with Theater View, if I could just run the import from there I'd be happy ...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:04:53 am »

I'm so glad someone else brought this up because I couldn't really explain it or nail down when it was occurring. The problem IS theater view. Whenever my MC is left in theater view, autoimport does not work and new files/folders (I have a folder view) do not show up. However, MC autoimporting seems to work "alright" in standard view. It will take over 24 hours to add newly downloaded television episodes, but work almost instantly with new music files. There's something going on, and if I need to be of more help, please let me know.

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

Same here with standard view. Don't reboot my machine most of the time and use sleep mode instead I noticed that Auto Import stopped working after wake up combined with a 100% CPU of the first core (dual core machine).
Persistant since .87 at least
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:03:23 pm »

Interesting. Yes I started using sleep mode as well to get around another MC problem at startup, it often refuses to go full screen straight into Theater View, leaving me with the annoying Windows Task bar and I have to Remote in to fix it. Because of this I am using sleep mode more. I would say perhaps that after powering on from Sleep mode it never runs Auto Import. If what you say its running at 100% after sleep then logically Auto Import would not run as it is a low priority task? Anyone from J River can confirm this issue? Thanks.

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:29 pm »

I've done a bit more testing. Auto Import does not work if you use sleep mode.
So boot machine, add some files and they are imported quickly into the library.
Put PC to 'sleep' via Remote Control or MC menu.
'Wake' PC, add some files and they will NEVER be imported until you reboot your machine.
Using sleep mode disables Auto Import somehow. It's not just the current version, it has been doing this for some time to me.
Anyone from MC can investigate and fix in future release?
Thanks.

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:23 am »

This has been a long standing issue for me as well.  Until this is fixed, is their a keyboard shortcut that I can initiate Auto Import with from my programmable remote to bring me up to date on a client machine?
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 11:33:38 am »

There is no keyboard shortcut, but you can initiate it using this command line:

Code: [Select]
mc15.exe /MCC 23000
Auto-Import works fine with sleep mode enabled on my systems.  However, I rarely-if-ever let my machine sleep with MC still open, so I can't say for sure that I'm not seeing the same behavior.  My Library Server system now runs the auto-import itself, and it is set to never sleep (because it is always doing something, it has many tasks).

I used it directly on my HTPC for years though, and it is set to go into full Hybrid Sleep.  I never noticed any issues.  Again, though, I generally close MC on that system when it isn't in use, so I may not have encountered this specific issue.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:29 pm »

I have nothing to add on Auto-Import but Mike if you want to get around the full screen issue when you have MC start with your computer and open directly in Theater View you can use something like Startup Delayer (an actual program) to delay the opening of MC when you boot your computer.  This fixed the issue on my last PC so hopefully it will help you.  By the way the issue went away when I started using Win 7 so I no longer need to delay MC's start.

Nedam

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 01:26:27 pm »

There is no keyboard shortcut, but you can initiate it using this command line:

mc15.exe /MCC 23000
Auto-Import works fine with sleep mode enabled on my systems.  However, I rarely-if-ever let my machine sleep with MC still open, so I can't say for sure that I'm not seeing the same behavior.  My Library Server system now runs the auto-import itself, and it is set to never sleep (because it is always doing something, it has many tasks).

Thanks!  It looks like RUN auto import is
mc15.exe /MCC 23020
Now does anyone know how I can suppress the report window?
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 03:08:13 pm »

Now does anyone know how I can suppress the report window?

mc15.exe /MCC 23020,1
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 12:01:50 am »

mc15.exe /MCC 23020,1
So am I able to assign this somewhere in Theater View so I can kick off the Auto Import manually?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:19 am »

You can add items in TheaterView (have a look at the pic) and assign stuff to them.  Have a play as it works really well for all sorts of stuff you may want to do or launch.
JRiver CEO Elect

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 01:15:36 am »

mc15.exe /MCC 23020,1

I can't tell you how much this helps. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up