INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tremote question: showing playlist on external screen while DJing.  (Read 1066 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

My goal is to show the playlist on an external screen in a nice format, while DJing using regular view.

Does Tremote work  between two instances of MC on the same computer? I want to use the client instance in detail view to select music, send it to the server and the server would show playing now in theater view. Would this work, or does the music would bypass the server MC and go directly to the sound card without changing the theater view?

Other related alternatives I considered:
- if Theater view were detachable like display view, this could be done using one MC instance.
- The new web remote/web play interface could be used a construct a cooler display view that shows the playlist. (I will open another thread to discuss this).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Tremote question: showing playlist on external screen while DJing.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:15 am »

Does Tremote work  between two instances of MC on the same computer? I want to use the client instance in detail view to select music, send it to the server and the server would show playing now in theater view. Would this work, or does the music would bypass the server MC and go directly to the sound card without changing the theater view?

Sorry, but you're in uncharted territory.  Running multiple instances on a single machine is considered 'use at your own risk'.  Making one a server and one a client is even more complicated.

Maybe a second laptop?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Tremote question: showing playlist on external screen while DJing.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:22:13 pm »

Matt, I understand ;)

Would it work if I were using MC's on two different machines? I am trying to understand whether the client controls only the server sound card, or the whole server application. In particular, if I play something with the remote client using Tremote, will playing now list of the server change? (e.g. showing what is being played in theater view).
Pages: [1]   Go Up