INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SageTV acquired by Google  (Read 2415 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
SageTV acquired by Google
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:58:41 am »

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1342192

There's a link in the first post to a thread at Sage.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: SageTV acquired by Google
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:51:26 pm »

I'm a long time MC & SageTV user. I'm also usually a very optimistic person but I don't think this bodes well for the SageTV user community.

We have been using MC for audio for a long time because of it's excellent sound quality, great organizing ability and responsive owners as well as a great helpful group on this forum. Have wanted to use MC for TV but we would find it very difficult to give up some of the add-ins available  for SageTV such as Comskip.

A lot of the Sage users, and I would think also add-in developers who just donate their efforts, are very spooky right now about the future. Might this be a good time for JRiver to try to lure some of them to MC? There is a huge group there. If some of them were convinced that there is a good future for TV and video here it could be a win-win-win!

Rod

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 10:20:52 am »

When I saw the announcement on the SageTV forum I had to double-check that it wasn't April 1st and Jim didn't sneak on there and post the announcement  :).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:39:08 am »

When I saw the announcement on the SageTV forum I had to double-check that it wasn't April 1st and Jim didn't sneak on there and post the announcement  :).

I also first thought it was an April Fools joke. Then I got that sick in the gut feeling.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. It's really a shame that the owners didn't (or couldn't)  post more information with the announcement. (Note to JRiver - When Microsoft buys you out please don't forget about all of us!)

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:45 am »

I also first thought it was an April Fools joke. Then I got that sick in the gut feeling.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. It's really a shame that the owners didn't (or couldn't)  post more information with the announcement.
They are probably not allowed to say more.

I'll ignore the Microsoft remark.  We're actually hoping Apple will show some interest.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 11:03:52 am »

They are probably not allowed to say more.

I'll ignore the Microsoft remark.  We're actually hoping Apple will show some interest.

Yes Jim, we all know how you love Apple!

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up