INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Help: Albums played a long time ago  (Read 900 times)

carbo

• World Citizen
Smartlist Help: Albums played a long time ago
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:42:35 am »

I have a view showing me 2 random albums
Here's its rule: -[Album]=[] ~limit=-1,1,[Album] ~limit=2,-1,[Album] ~a (I've already a hard time to understand it  ;) )

Now what I would like to have is 2 random albums that haven't been played for the last 2 months.
If I add  [Last Played]=>8w, it will remove tracks played recently so I will have incomplete albums.
What I need is something like "most recent played by albums" function...

Is it possible to do that ?

Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Help: Albums played a long time ago
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:46 pm »

Hi carbo,
First of all, you have a bit of redundancy in your smartlist rule. Your rule says:
Remove files with an empty [album] value.
Limit the list to one track from each album
Limit the list to all tracks from two albums
Expand to full album.

The "Expand to full album" is required here only because your first ~limit rule removed all the tracks bar one in the first place. So, the following will work in exactly the same way, and may be easier for you to follow:
-[album]=[] ~limit=2,-1,[album artist(auto)],[album]
This will give you two random full albums. Use "[album artist (auto)],[album]" with the ~limit so that albums with the same name by different artists, "Greatest Hits" for example, are treated separately.

Now, on to your request:
If you remove all tracks played in the last eight weeks first, then pull in two random albums from the remaining tracks, and finally, use the "complete album" modifier to bring the earlier excluded "recently played" tracks back into the final list to give two complete albums.
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=>8w ~limit=2,-1,[album artist (auto)],[album] ~a

That do for you?

-marko

carbo

• World Citizen
Re: Smartlist Help: Albums played a long time ago
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 04:00:04 pm »

First of all, thanks for the explanation, I have a better view of how smartlists are working now.
I've guessed from the start that my view was a bit complicated  :P

As for your solution, unfortunately, it doesn't answer exactly what I'm searching. I'd like to have albums that have no songs played in the last 8 weeks.
The modifier "complete album" put them back in  :(

By reading your post, I thought of this solution:
- First create a playlist with all albums that have at least one song played in the last 8 weeks:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=<8w ~a
- Create a second playlist, that exclude the songs from the first and extract 2 random albums from it:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Album]=[] -playlistid==494829307 ~limit=2,-1,[album artist(auto)],[album]

It seems to work... but it doesn't have the beauty of simplicity ;)

Thanks for your answer
Pages: [1]   Go Up