INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing Issues  (Read 512 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Licensing Issues
« on: June 16, 2002, 06:22:35 am »

Ooops.  I can't change the subject field.  It's supposed to read:  Licensing Issues.
If someone at JRiver can change it, please do!

I didn't catch the beginning of the "corrupt license" thread, so I didn't post there, not knowing if this was on the same topic.

Less than 14 days ago (I hope!) I restored my license via the web site on the e-mail received about it.  I also right-clicked and saved the file.  Two questions:  

1) How can I then use the saved file to restore the license on my laptop, or do I always have to restore via the web page (in which case...why save the file at all?)

2) I just went to said web page, and when I input my registration number, I got the message: "We could not find that license".  

I would like to sort this out before my 14 days of free restores are up.  Any ideas?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Licensing Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2002, 06:34:21 am »

1) How can I then use the saved file to restore the license on my laptop, or do I always have to restore via the web page (in which case...why save the file at all?)

Take that file to the other computer, and do a Help -> Restore License -> From File (or similar)

About #2, we'll look into it Monday.  Will you drop me an email with what your registration number was? ( matt @ jriver.com )

Thanks Lise.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gateley

RE:Licensing Issues
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2002, 11:54:55 am »

Hi Lise,

I changed the title.

To install on your laptop:
Execute the file (double click it from Internet Explorer) on your laptop.

Go to the web page https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi and click on the button that says "I don't know my code", and enter your email address. It will then mail you your registration code, and you can cut-n-paste it. The email does NOT use up a restore.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up