INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J. Rivers Media Center 14 can jump to over 90% cpu useage  (Read 1587 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
J. Rivers Media Center 14 can jump to over 90% cpu useage
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:38:58 am »

I've been using J. Rives Media center 14 for a while now.  Although it seems to be glitching on me now and I'm not sure why.  Maybe someone can give me a bit of insight. 

I always have the J. Rivers Media server open and running in the background.  When I notice my computer coming to a halt (it can litterally happen within seconds) I went on an investigation to find out why things were running so slow.  I determine that it was J. Rivers causing the problem.  I would end it's task and then all of a sudden things would start to fly again. J. Rivers would also jump up to 90% CPU usage. 

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling J. Rivers Media center with no luck.  Earlier on when I was trying to figure out the problem I ended up formatting my system thinking it was just an OS issue.  The moment I installed J. Rivers the problem arose again.  I have included my system stats below.

Windows Home Server v1.0 (Windows Server 2003)
3gigs of ram
AMD Athlon Dual Core 4800+

Any thoughts on what could be causing this.  Nothing has changed in my setup or my computer.  It's a stand alone computer that I just leave to do it's thing.  Any thoughts or tests that I could run to fix these issues? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: J. Rivers Media Center 14 can jump to over 90% cpu useage
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:51:36 am »

Follow the "Weird Problems" link in my signature.  At the bottom of the second page, you'll find a link to a thread about Microsoft Security Elements.  It sounds like the same problem, though it could be caused by other "security" software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up