INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: visualisation studio tags "people" and "playback info"  (Read 1258 times)

najarip

• Recent member
visualisation studio tags "people" and "playback info"
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:16:30 pm »

Hi,

As a very happy MC user i've populated the database fields "PLAYBACK INFO" and "PEOPLE". Espacially since you now can press the little arrow symbol next to an artist to get all of his music, this is necessary for me. For instance, I put "Michael Jackson Ft. Will.I.Am" in the Artist field, the little arrow symbol does not show me all my Michael Jackson music, but only where artist also contains 'Ft. Will.I.Am'. Therefore I put 'Ft. Will.I.Am' in the PEOPLE field.

So far so good, this works fine. But NOT in the visualisation studio. If I use my own Visualisation i've built, I can not use the TAGS "PLAYBACK INFO" and "PEOPLE" to display my entered info. ARTIST, TITLE and so on work fine, but not PEOPLE and PLAYBACK INFO. I find this very annoying and cannot find help about this anywhere in the help, wiki or forum.

Am I missing something or is this indeed not possible? And will it be possible in the future? It doesn't look very difficult, since the other tags are already working. I update my MC license every new version, because it's a great program, I hope you can help me with this feature too.

In the image below I've tried to illustrate the problem.

I hope you have an answer for me.

najarip

• Recent member
Re: visualisation studio tags "people" and "playback info"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:18:36 pm »

Why is there still no answer to my question? I've asked this question in the beginning of 2010 and again in this thread in November.

People from J River must know the answer!

Ronald

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:16:41 pm »

The text fields seem to be limited to ARTIST, ALBUM and NAME. It would be nice if it would include more, and maybe a custom field name VISUALIZATION. We could then put whatever we wanted (e.g., your PLAYBACK_INFO and PEOPLE) into that using an expression and include that in the visualization. I'm assuming, of course, there's some good reason why it doesn't allow any field...This would be an easy compromise that wouldn't require the developers to guess which fields we might want to use.

najarip

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:38 am »

This is becoming a sad story, still no answer on this simple question? I'm beginning to think i'd rather have e-mail support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up