INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with importing audio  (Read 842 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Problem with importing audio
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:18:25 am »

Normally I can import audio no problem.

I have just been importing a few albums. I now am trying to import another one but it isn't working. When I go to file/library/import, select "import a single folder" and click next, a Media Import box pops up with the option to browse to the folder to import. When I click on "browse", the folder structure appears to allow browsing to the required folder. However, when I open the "dance" folder, the only album that appears there is the one I had previously imported.

I have tried opening and closing this folder (this worked last time), closing the whole dialogue and selecting it again, and restarting JRiver. None of these things fix the problem; I still cannot see any of the folders in my "dance" folder except for the one I had just imported.

Any help appreciated!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with importing audio
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:23:19 am »

Weird.  Check the Windows permissions for the folders that won't show up.

Find the folders that aren't showing up in MC's import dialog in Windows Explorer.  Then right-click on Parent folder of those folders and choose Properties.  Then go to the Security Tab and hit the Edit button.  Select your username and make sure all of the boxes are checked below, and then hit OK.  It should save the permissions.  If you get errors about ownership or something, then do this...

Click the Advanced button on the Security tab.  Switch to the Owner tab in the window that appears.  Hit the Edit button.  Select your name from the "Change owner to" list, and make sure to ENABLE the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box.  Then hit OK.  It will scan through and change the owner on all of the files and subfolders.  Then, CLOSE OUT OF ALL THE DIALOGS (very important).  Once you've done this, go back into the Properties dialog and repeat step one to set the permissions.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up